5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front lower bumper paint chips??

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've had many trucks through the years and this Ram has by far the most issues with lil rock chips. My truck has 15,000 miles and is 1.5 yrs old and my front bumper is all nicked up is anyone else experiencing this as well?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Painted steel bumpers chip really easily. I had Xpel paint protection put on it a couple weeks after I bought it and no rock chips.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Painted bumpers are my biggest fear. Today was my maiden voyage on the interstate. Somehow I ended up behind a gaggle of 4 dump trucks. This never happens.😲

As I tried to quickly get past them I saw the exact thing I DID NOT want to see develop in front of me…….the lead dump truck was losing marble size stones and they were bouncing all around me. Luckily only one hit me right in the bumper the way it sounded. Need to look closely in daylight and see if there’s any damage. I’ll be pretty ticked it there is. Never fails with a new truck. 😡🤬

Last edited:

stax199

Reaction score
yep mine looks like its been hammered for 240,000k miles truck has 24000 miles on it.. rest of the paint is fine the lower bumper front is chipped badly

AKGen5Ram

Reaction score
I bought last Fall used 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn NorthEdition. It has painted bumpers. It was pristine truck , zero paint damage. Except some swirl marks from poor washing. Drove it to Alaska 4k miles and during winter and I now have over a dozen paint chips on my front bumper.
And it's Burgandy Truck so they stand out like a sore thumb. Ugh

Burnzie

Reaction score
My 09 Ram TRX4 did the same thing, I was told ``Quit following people so close on the interstate '' after 9 years and 99000 miles was the only thing rusty on that truck . Now I have a Rebel with better paint on the bumpers, 2.5 years and 21000 miles later no chips yet.

Users who are viewing this thread