5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front light bar....

kittyjo

Reaction score
Best location for light on roof or in grill... and any good brand recommendations are welcomed and I am open for any size..thanks in Davy!!!

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you want a good brand name go with Rigid, Vision X. I would stay away from anything on ebay or amazon. Also try to get one that has cree led's. I would go grille or front bumper, the one's on the roofs create a lot of wind noise.
I have a small 10 inch Rigid on mine mounted on my front licence plate and it out performs my buddy's 40 inch double row cheap amazon brand.

Post #26 shows my light and mount.

CharlieP

Reaction score
Best location for light on roof or in grill... and any good brand recommendations are welcomed and I am open for any size..thanks in Davy!!!
Check out the Hidden bumper light from Rough Country.the picture just shows the daytime running light on

Attachments

• Truck Lights 1.jpg
    Truck Lights 1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 133

Zeeya

Reaction score
I’m going to order this and see if I can get it to fit on front bumper just under the RAM logo. Good reviews and stout. I have the Rigid 10” that I took off my other truck when I traded it in. Spot/flood combo and it does very well. I have had it out in W Texas for over a year on the bad lease roads. Highly recommend Rigid.

Attachments

• BBE49C06-537B-49B3-9903-6C43F5FD414C.png
    BBE49C06-537B-49B3-9903-6C43F5FD414C.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 99

kittyjo

Reaction score
If you want a good brand name go with Rigid, Vision X. I would stay away from anything on ebay or amazon. Also try to get one that has cree led's. I would go grille or front bumper, the one's on the roofs create a lot of wind noise.
I have a small 10 inch Rigid on mine mounted on my front licence plate and it out performs my buddy's 40 inch double row cheap amazon brand.

Post #26 shows my light and mount.

I am loving the rigid lights... is it the E2 series? Flood light in the back mounted by receiver hitch is what I am also looking at getting.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
I am loving the rigid lights... is it the E2 series? Flood light in the back mounted by receiver hitch is what I am also looking at getting.

I just have the front one and it's a SR 10.

brawler1588

Reaction score
Baja just released their kits pricey but worth it, you can get the lower model s8 or the higher onx6 will be getting the onx6 in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Reaction score
I went with the one below as an experiment to check out the quality etc before investing in rigid and the other top names. I’m def not an expert on these but for the $$ these things are pretty high quality and incredibly bright. You can mount them behind the grill, cutout the grill or lower area. I have mine mounted under the front logo on the grill using steel zip ties for now because I didn’t know where I wanted them. I’m very happy for the price. They turn night into day! I actually run two up front, upper/lower grill. You need to purchase a wiring harness separately.

I also have these mounted on the rear on a separate switch using a trailer hitch bracket

kittyjo

Reaction score
Found a local dealer who has Cree aux lights who will install reverse lights for 200$ installed with switch or tied into reverse wiring.... which one is better option?

spaightlabs

Reaction score
With the switch you can light the back of the vehicle up while not in gear which is nice, but you can also forget to turn it off which is not nice.

brawler1588

Reaction score
Found a local dealer who has Cree aux lights who will install reverse lights for 200$ installed with switch or tied into reverse wiring.... which one is better option?
Have them do both mine come on in reverse and also with my switch if you get the curt adapter just tie into the reverse wire hot and ground and your good to go.

CURT 56584 Replacement Vehicle-Side Custom USCAR 5-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EA6WQU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FkjRDb559ZSH8

Zeeya

Reaction score
Have them do both mine come on in reverse and also with my switch if you get the curt adapter just tie into the reverse wire hot and ground and your good to go.

CURT 56584 Replacement Vehicle-Side Custom USCAR 5-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EA6WQU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FkjRDb559ZSH8

I was going to do that and the installer told me it would back feed into harness when you used the switch so I didn’t try it. No proof, just going by what he told me

brawler1588

Reaction score
I was going to do that and the installer told me it would back feed into harness when you used the switch so I didn’t try it. No proof, just going by what he told me
What did they mean feed back to the harness?

Users who are viewing this thread