5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front license plate bracket?

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Note that there are two different types of brackets. I had the same issue (a non-front-plate state) and called the dealer parts guy to get one. He asked for my vin to make sure I got the right one. Not sure the difference, but he said something about one-piece vs. two-piece. Glad I checked instead of ordering online because they were as cheap as what I found online anyway and I may have ordered the wrong one.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
The holes in the bumper don't align. Not the least reason is that the bumper is curved and the plate is flat. The bracket will come with 4 good-sized screws and 2 small ones. The small ones are for the rear plate. The bracket gets snapped into the bumper, then two screws go in to expand the plugs and hold it in place. Then you put the plate in and the other two screws pass through and expand the other two plugs. Takes longer to type than to do.
I can confirm this is 100% accurate. Did it last week and it took longer to get my screwdriver out of my toolbox and open all the packaging than it did to put the bracket and plate on.

BTK20

Reaction score
Mine was purchased in GA, delivered to GA, and we have no front license plate requirement....had holes in the bumper. *shrug*
Exactly. I am also in GA. I really just want to know if a "standard" bracket will work. For example, Amazon has a silicone one to keep from scratching the bumper. I want to mount my USMC plate up there.

BEANO52

Reaction score
So, on my 2020 the salesman transferred my plates over while I was doing the paperwork. Funny thing was he used the tiniest little phillips screws with a couple washers (also tiny). I'm used to the standard screws that have been used for the last 40 years. What comes from the factory or is supposed to go in there?

Sparky146

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up guys.
You saved me a huge headache and argument at the dealership.
I guess my sales guy thanks you in advance as well :ROFLMAO:
We live in Illinois and drove to New Mexico to purchase a 2020 Limited
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl–Coat Exterior Paint
Black Appearance Package
It went straight from the factory to the dealership in NM! With that being said, It didn't have a front bracket because NM doesn't have a front plate.
There ARE holes in the bumper for a bracket though. The Factory KNEW it was going to NM from day one. So I would have to agree with what others that say
it comes from the factory like that and you don't have a choice! I may be wrong but it seems they wouldn't waste time or the headache to not punch holes
and try to match trucks with states. That would be a headache with paper work and make the price even more and I need both arms and legs after this purchase!

Night Rebel

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited Black Appearance Package and want to add a front license plate. There was no bracket included. It seems like the four holes in the bumper are spaced for a license plate, but the brackets I see online have mounting clips that do not seem to match the holes. Anybody know which is correct?
I have these and there are working great for 7 months. Not bulky.

Attachments

• 20210104_151406.jpg
    20210104_151406.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 52

TxRancher

Reaction score
That's the bracket I had, too. Key word HAD. Some POS used a long handled screw driver, forced it behind the plate and pulled. Those plastic anchors broke like a fortune cookie. Anyone know of a stronger, metal, replacement? I'm thinking of using metal toggle wall anchors to, at least, give some resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread