5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front license plate bracket?

BTK20

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited Black Appearance Package and want to add a front license plate. There was no bracket included. It seems like the four holes in the bumper are spaced for a license plate, but the brackets I see online have mounting clips that do not seem to match the holes. Anybody know which is correct?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go back to your dealer and ask for one, every car should come with front mount bracket.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I have a 2020 Limited Black Appearance Package and want to add a front license plate. There was no bracket included. It seems like the four holes in the bumper are spaced for a license plate, but the brackets I see online have mounting clips that do not seem to match the holes. Anybody know which is correct?
The holes in the bumper don't align. Not the least reason is that the bumper is curved and the plate is flat. The bracket will come with 4 good-sized screws and 2 small ones. The small ones are for the rear plate. The bracket gets snapped into the bumper, then two screws go in to expand the plugs and hold it in place. Then you put the plate in and the other two screws pass through and expand the other two plugs. Takes longer to type than to do.

Ddmac

Reaction score
I had to return to the dealer to get one. They told me it should be on the floor of the rear seat, it wasn’t. The dealer took one from another truck and put on mine. Maybe that’s what happened to mine originally.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Mopar bracket fit my front bumper correctly.
#68274215AE
Just ordered it online, wasn't that expensive.

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
I hate the look of the front plate.
I’m still waiting for my truck to come in.
I told my dealer several times, if I see one hole drilled in my front bumper they’re going to be ordering me a new bumper

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I told my dealer several times, if I see one hole drilled in my front bumper they’re going to be ordering me a new bumper
I don't think they drill them, I think they are there from the factory. Pretty sure mine had paint, inside the holes...

There is also a thread on here with people buying colored plugs to cover the holes.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think they drill them, I think they are there from the factory. Pretty sure mine had paint, inside the holes...

There is also a thread on here with people buying colored plugs to cover the holes.
Correct on all counts!

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

100% you will see holes on front bumper because that is how factory bumper is, be ready.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go back to your dealer and ask for one, every car should come with front mount bracket.
I was told by the dealer that it depends on if the truck was ordered with one. Mine did not have one, and when I asked for one they said if it's not in the truck it didn't come with one. Probably BS by the dealer, but oh well. I just put some rubber washers in between the plate and my skid plate and bolted it without a bracket.

drew7811

Reaction score

I have the exact opposite problem. Mine has a front license plate holder and I wish it didn't. I would take it off, but then i'd have those holes in the bumper. My state doesn't require the front license and i'd prefer the clean look.

Barney556180

Reaction score
There are small plugs available on line that do a good job of masking the holes. I have a white Laramie and the capped holes are hard to notice unless pointed out.

My understanding is the front holder is included (no cost) on vehicles destined for two-plate states, (listed on the window sticker); one-plate states do not. However, swapping among dealers blurs that a bit.

Last edited:

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
100% you will see holes on front bumper because that is how factory bumper is, be ready.
Thanks for the heads up guys.
You saved me a huge headache and argument at the dealership.
I guess my sales guy thanks you in advance as well :ROFLMAO:

tdager

Reaction score
I was told by the dealer that it depends on if the truck was ordered with one. Mine did not have one, and when I asked for one they said if it's not in the truck it didn't come with one. Probably BS by the dealer, but oh well. I just put some rubber washers in between the plate and my skid plate and bolted it without a bracket.

Mine was purchased in GA, delivered to GA, and we have no front license plate requirement....had holes in the bumper. *shrug*

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wish I lived in a state that didn't require the front license plate. I guess the choice to move is mine to make, but it's not worth leaving a great job just so I can run without a front plate. :unsure:

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was purchased in GA, delivered to GA, and we have no front license plate requirement....had holes in the bumper. *shrug*
Yeah, all of them will have holes, you just might not get a bracket included. Mine had the holes, just no bracket. TN doesn't require a front plate, but I have my UT plate that I put up front.

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
In Ontario, we have to have a front plate anyways... I was going to be a “Rebel” (see what I did there) and not put one in if the bumper was clean with no holes
But since there are, I guess I might as well mount one

Users who are viewing this thread