5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Fender Bender..

upstatesc91

Reaction score
Does anyone have ideas for how I could pop a hitch sized dent out of the front of a 2021 Ram 1500 chrome bumper? It happened right at the top line of the chrome bumper, just below the grille, and above the black under grate. Probably bent the bumper inward some... I have tried a hammer and piece of wood at impact with minimal result. Any better ideas or tools?

I have not taken off the bumper fully yet but that is the next step.

Barnyard

Reaction score
I've had limited success with an old soccer ball before. What I did was deflate the ball, put it behind the bumper and reinflate it. YMMV depending on what's behind the dent though.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have ideas for how I could pop a hitch sized dent out of the front of a 2021 Ram 1500 chrome bumper? It happened right at the top line of the chrome bumper, just below the grille, and above the black under grate. Probably bent the bumper inward some... I have tried a hammer and piece of wood at impact with minimal result. Any better ideas or tools?

I have not taken off the bumper fully yet but that is the next step.
Replacing this bumper is a PITA! let me tell you...

I had to replace it twice and it was not fun, but there's no other option.
The second time was a dent like yours, to the top bar. I strapped a tie down strap with a ratchet to an electrical pole and started pulling on it, it worked perfectly until it suddenly bent the other way and the bumper was done with... never really got one of these fixed...

Replacing it right away is your best bet, you can't really fix a metal bumper.

BigD

Reaction score
Yeah they can't do PDR on bumpers. Found that out a long time ago when I jackknifed a trailer. You either got to live with it or replace the whole bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread