5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front facing camera question???

brevhb

Reaction score
Anyone know a way to keep the front facing camera activated on a power wagon. I would like it to stay on while off-roading at higher speeds. I know the gladiators camera will stay activated but mine shuts off once I ou go over a few miles per hour. I searched the forum and cant find any threads.

Anyone know a way to keep the front facing camera activated on a power wagon. I would like it to stay on while off-roading at higher speeds. I know the gladiators camera will stay activated but mine shuts off once I ou go over a few miles per hour. I searched the forum and cant find any threads.
Tazer may do the trick but probably not the cheapest solution if it works.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

There is currently a Tazer DT group purchase in the modifications and for sale/want forum. Go to the last page and find sduling and leave them a direct message with your information, it is one order away from being filled (10) but can add many more. Later.
https://5thgenrams.com/community/posts/465106/

There is currently a Tazer DT group purchase in the modifications and for sale/want forum. Go to the last page and find sduling and leave them a direct message with your information, it is one order away from being filled (10) but can add many more. Later.
https://5thgenrams.com/community/posts/465106/
The OP has a power wagon so I believe he would need Tazer Ram if he went this route.

The OP has a power wagon so I believe he would need Tazer Ram if he went this route.

Right, I did see that on the Zautomotive website. Maybe they possibly could still get in the group by.
Thanks for the helpful correction, it is in the details I have learned.

I’m assuming you are referring to the actual front camera that is part of the surround view system? If so, tazer can’t make that camera stay on (or any camera from the surround view system). Tazer only does the rear camera and front camera when it is an add on camera using the cargo cam input. I believe your only solution is naviks- https://naviks.com/i-24077251-2019-...tion-lockout-bypass.html?ref=category:1207160

im
having my front windshield replaced by safelight they are telling me my VIN says i have a camera and have to order that window to replace the cracked one, i told them i do not have a camera they said i do, im lost.. i guess ill find out next friday when they show up with the window

Attachments

• FD565E3C-153D-4BA5-953D-4FA275DAC343.jpeg
    FD565E3C-153D-4BA5-953D-4FA275DAC343.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
im
having my front windshield replaced by safelight they are telling me my VIN says i have a camera and have to order that window to replace the cracked one, i told them i do bot have a camera they said i do, im lost.. i guess ill find out next friday when they show up with the window
Maybe they are referring to the rain sensor? It’s in the rear view mirror assembly. It detects light bouncing off the windshield, so I guess in some sense it counts as a camera, though that’s a bit of a stretch.

im
having my front windshield replaced by safelight they are telling me my VIN says i have a camera and have to order that window to replace the cracked one, i told them i do bot have a camera they said i do, im lost.. i guess ill find out next friday when they show up with the window
If you have adaptive cruise/FCW, then the driver assist module located on the windshield in front of the rear view mirror is referred to as a “forward facing camera” on the parts diagram.

The Tazer DT does indeed allow me to keep the front or rear OEM surround cameras on.
Just so no one else that comes along gets confused, the OP has an HD truck. The tazer for the HD Rams (2013-2021) can not do this, only the tazer for the 5th gen 1500 DTs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back