5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front End Torque Specs

JD fixes it

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this has been previously addressed...I put the MotoFab 2" level kit on my 2020 1500 Bighorn 4X4 and it looks great, but the directions had very limited info on torque values when putting the front end back together. Does anyone have or know where I can find these values?

Upper Control Arm Bolts / Nuts
Upper Ball Joint Nut
Tie Rod Ball Joint Nut (Where it meets knuckle)
Lower Shock Mount Bolt / Nut
Sway Bar Links
Brake Caliper Bolts

Any help is greatly appreciated

Rick J

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this has been previously addressed...I put the MotoFab 2" level kit on my 2020 1500 Bighorn 4X4 and it looks great, but the directions had very limited info on torque values when putting the front end back together. Does anyone have or know where I can find these values?

Upper Control Arm Bolts / Nuts
Upper Ball Joint Nut
Tie Rod Ball Joint Nut (Where it meets knuckle)
Lower Shock Mount Bolt / Nut
Sway Bar Links
Brake Caliper Bolts

Any help is greatly appreciated
This was published in another thread by Neurobit:

Attachments

• 02 - Front Suspension_Front, Independent Front Suspension_Technical Specifications TORQUE SPE...pdf
    6.6 KB · Views: 972

fireman-175

Reaction score
yeah, does anyone happen to know the torque for the tie rod to knuckle?

NewRamGuy20

Reaction score
To all future onlookers, I finally figured it out. Had a buddy at a ram dealership pull the specs but it didnt mention the "tie rod to knuckle" nut torque anywhere. after so extensive evaluation, it turns out the stock nut used on the tie rod is the exact same as the one used on the ball joint in the upper control arm, hence the same torque. The stock nut (Mopar 6506557AA) is non-reusable so that sucks but the torque value is 26 ft-lbs + 180 degrees.

Hex Lock Nut And Washer
MSRP $6.40
6506557AA
M14x1.50. Tie rod end to knuckle. Use This With Link Kit 68399868AE. UCA to Knuckle. Drag Link to Knuckle. Knuckle Attachment. Ball Joint. Tie Rod Attach.

A025497F-545E-4D59-9570-7EAA00EF675A_1_105_c.jpeg
CCAA28CB-767B-451B-B2F4-9FBE398EAD5C_1_105_c.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread