5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front end rattle.

joby

Reaction score
2019 Rebel Quad Cab. Rattle sounds like left side. It only does it during a slow R/H turn when you hit a drop not a bump. The dealer could not duplicate of course, I even drove the tech around but could find a spot with a dip in a R/H turn. So could not duplicate either. Can hit speed bumps and holes no sound, only a R/H slow gradual turn. 33k miles stock suspension non air-ride. Had to pay for a rental two days because the dealer was out of loaner cars. Does that sound right when the truck is still under warranty?

joby

Reaction score
oh forgot to mention, they did retorque the sway bay.

joby

Reaction score
Have a little play in the left half shaft. I can move in and out and make a noise similar to what the noise is I'm hearing.

Millertime157

Reaction score
Joby...I have a similar rattle. I haven't narrowed it down to only R/H turns but it is def only at slow speeds. It began before I lifted the truck. I told the shop that installed the lift to be on the lookout for anything loose during install on that side but no luck. I have put my hands on everything I can reach under there and have found nothing. Did you get yours resolved or are you still dealing with it?

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might be some sway bar bushings... I just had the whole sway bar assembly replaced, links and all, at 27K miles. For me, in cold weather below 40F, I was getting a rattle going slowly over bumpy pavement.

Since replacement the truck is as quiet as ever.

Users who are viewing this thread