5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front end noise

Limited Legend

Reaction score
Don't drive my truck alot, sometimes on the first or second trip backing out of my driveway the front end makes a noise like the brakes are sticking. Not a grinding sound, but like everything is loosening up after sitting a few days. I believe I saw an article somewhere about this issue. Any info is appreciated.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Don't drive my truck alot, sometimes on the first or second trip backing out of my driveway the front end makes a noise like the brakes are sticking. Not a grinding sound, but like everything is loosening up after sitting a few days. I believe I saw an article somewhere about this issue. Any info is appreciated.
Could be just the normal rusting of the rotors, from sitting a couple days with high humidity. Metallic pads, and poor quality steel in the rotors. If it is just after sitting a few days, and goes away in a block or so of driving, that is probably it. Look at the rotors through the wheels after sitting a couple days, to see surface rust. A lot of muffler shops and stuff, will give free brake inspections, if you want to be sure.

Limited Legend

Reaction score
Could be just the normal rusting of the rotors, from sitting a couple days with high humidity. Metallic pads, and poor quality steel in the rotors. If it is just after sitting a few days, and goes away in a block or so of driving, that is probably it. Look at the rotors through the wheels after sitting a couple days, to see surface rust. A lot of muffler shops and stuff, will give free brake inspections, if you want to be sure.
Found another thread, it's called brake moan. There is a TSB on it. Maybe I'll take it in and see what they say.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Found another thread, it's called brake moan. There is a TSB on it. Maybe I'll take it in and see what they say.
You said front end noise. That issue is rear brakes. The rear caliper mounts flex, causing a groan. The fix is a support bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread