5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front end makes clunk/knock sound when turning slowly?

Reaction score
I don't know what the deal is with my truck. I have a 2021 Ram Bighorn, love it and it's my first truck. I had a 2 inch motofab level put in the front, just pucks nothing fancy but probably shouldn't have gone the less expensive route. It was completely fine up until a few months ago I noticed when I turn the wheel slowly like backing/pulling into a parking spot with the wheel not cut all the way, it makes a clunk and I can feel it in my steering wheel. It only does it once during the turn. I had my mechanic who put the level in look at it and he said everything looked and seemed fine including the sway bar I'm wondering if I should have the level taken out until I can lift it completely the expensive way or have a second opinion. Lmk if you've had the same issue or any ideas, thank you :)

raygun9

Reaction score
I don't know what the deal is with my truck. I have a 2021 Ram Bighorn, love it and it's my first truck. I had a 2 inch motofab level put in the front, just pucks nothing fancy but probably shouldn't have gone the less expensive route. It was completely fine up until a few months ago I noticed when I turn the wheel slowly like backing/pulling into a parking spot with the wheel not cut all the way, it makes a clunk and I can feel it in my steering wheel. It only does it once during the turn. I had my mechanic who put the level in look at it and he said everything looked and seemed fine including the sway bar I'm wondering if I should have the level taken out until I can lift it completely the expensive way or have a second opinion. Lmk if you've had the same issue or any ideas, thank you :)
This happened to me after a level... it was the front endlinks. For mine you could hear if if the truck was running and you had someone else turn the wheel while you listened near the wheels.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the same level. It wouldn’t cause this noise unless one of the bolts are loose.

I had a noise once, but it was the power steering. They fixed it with a software update. I can’t remember if it applied to 2021s tho

Users who are viewing this thread