5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Driver’s Side Limited Headlight Halo (?) Not Lighting Up

RookieB555

Reaction score
Just picked up my used 2020 Limited. Finding some little things here and there to fix, nothing crazy so far, little things.

Last night I noticed the LED halo or ring around the driver’s side headlight doesn’t light up, but the passenger side does. It will light up for a second, then go out. Turn signals are fine.

Tried all the headlight switch modes, tried going into the Uconnect settings and toggling DRLs on and off. Nothing seemed to make a difference. With the headlight switch, the halo part would light up momentarily then go off.

Did some searching on here but found taillight issues, not headlight. Is there something I can reset? Lights up just doesn’t stay on, don’t think it’s fuses. More like a control issue.

Thanks!

N7GZN

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think the issue is the led strip inside the headlight. They are a sealed unit so the only option is to replace the headlight.
One note, the midline trim headlights used on Laramie do have aftermarket led replacements, but the disassembly is not a trivial process. For our highline headlights, Laramie longhorn and limited trims there is no such option.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 19 limited and passenger lower accent light went out shortly after buying it.

It’s a common issue with the internal board.

There is a thread in this and a member used an Amazon or eBay “oe” replacement that yielded good results but not sure the longevity. It was priced around $500 per side vs the mopar $1,200-1,600.

RookieB555

Reaction score
Thanks, looks like for some it’s the headlight, one guy found a bad harness, another said it was teh body control module. Guess I’ll start with the wiring and see if that’s acting up.

RookieB555

Reaction score
BCM is only $300 from Mopar, maybe less elsewhere. Kinda hoping that’s the issue over dealing with the headlight, ha ha.

N7GZN

Reaction score
I just discovered an aftermarket LED kit for the TRX, Limited, and Longhorn projector headlights.
These offer multiple colors, but the sealed headlight assemblies must be taken apart to replace/upgrade.

RookieB555

Reaction score
Nice, I get nervous just watching that install video lol. I’d ship them in to someone for the install at that point. My luck I would leave a fingerprint inside the headlight assembly and have to take it all apart again. Good to know there’s options though, thanks!

Gonna check the wiring and look for breaks, then probably try the BCM since it’s the cheapest part.

N7GZN

Reaction score
Yes, the first step is putting the headlamp in the oven at 250 degrees. I would feel better knowing the led accent lighting was bad which would require a headlamp replacement anyway. Once the first one is done, the other side is a cake walk.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, the first step is putting the headlamp in the oven at 250 degrees. I would feel better knowing the led accent lighting was bad which would require a headlamp replacement anyway. Once the first one is done, the other side is a cake walk.
As fragile as these lights are and all the tech in them I wouldn’t recommend doing that now if they were the halogens sure but the limited lights mmmmmm no go!

But t each their own let us know how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread