5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front door window sweep- doesnt clean dew/ moisture

jdcahoon

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram. Both of my front doors window sweeps do not clean off dew or moisture . i have been to the dealer twice- first time they “adjusted” the sweeps and the second time they replaced the sweeps- still doesnt do much if any “ sweeping “ off of morning dew or moisture-anyone else have this problem?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you talking about when you roll the window down/up? Yeah, mine only get a very little.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram. Both of my front doors window sweeps do not clean off dew or moisture . i have been to the dealer twice- first time they “adjusted” the sweeps and the second time they replaced the sweeps- still doesnt do much if any “ sweeping “ off of morning dew or moisture-anyone else have this problem?
it's supposed to?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a 19 and now a 21, neither of them sweep the front windows well, maybe 1/4 gets cleared off! Try pushing gently on the glass as you put it down 🤷🏻‍♂️

Curlymurt

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know that any of my 9 vehicles have cleared much of anything. It's too stiff of a rubber material

397STROKER

Reaction score
I don't think I have ever had a vehicle that did a great job at this. That goes from a 1969 Barracuda to todays modern cars.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rolling the windows down only clears the snow off so that it can fall into the cab as they roll down, Never had luck with getting the dew off.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't think of any vehicle that I have owned that does a good job of this.

That said, my Ram does not clear much at all I would think it would do a little better, but eh it what it is.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Im with others, not really something I expect. I push out on window as it rolls down to help. And definitely nothing that I would try to have "fixed" at dealer. The fact that they have actually replaced the sweeps to try and improve it means you either have a good dealer, or they just did it so you would stop asking

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think they are meant to be sweeps but seals. They should be tight to the glass when closed but the curve of the glass will probably affect a sweeping action, also you would probably get scretching noises and extra drag on the motor if it were to completly sweep against the glass all the way down.

jdcahoon

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. I actually have had several vehicles do a pretty darn good job , but I am almost 60 so if seen a lot. What bugs me is you pay all the money for a vehicle snd I dont think I should be pressing on the window to get it clean enough to see out of. This is typically only an issue in the morning and your making a turn and since im off to work early its almost every morning)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. I actually have had several vehicles do a pretty darn good job , but I am almost 60 so if seen a lot. What bugs me is you pay all the money for a vehicle snd I dont think I should be pressing on the window to get it clean enough to see out of. This is typically only an issue in the morning and your making a turn and since im off to work early its almost every morning)
I guess you could always wipe the window off before you get in the truck if it's just condensation. The window sweeps purpose isn't to clean the windows for you.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^ This has already been stated. They are not designed to be window "sweeps".

397STROKER

Reaction score
I am almost 60 and have had cars from the 60s, 70s, 2006, 2012, 2015, 2018, and truck from 80s, 90s, and 2000s, plus this 2021. None have done this, in my opinion great. A few have been better than others, but as said I do not think this is the intent. The problem is the curve of the window and staying in contact. They are really there to seal when the window is up.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If they were designed to be window sweeps, we'd have people filing warranty claims of scratched glass when a dirty window is put up or down. The manufacturer doesn't want that issue.

RamFan70

Reaction score
My 2015 Ram 1500's window sweeps did an excellent job of "sweeping" away dew and rain droplets....window had actual contact with the sweeps ...my 2022 has no contact and sweeps away jack 💩

Users who are viewing this thread