5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front differential difference? cv shaft time

Shives

Reaction score
Ok, ive got the awesome passenger-side cv axle wobble due to the horrid design of the front differential. So, I'm looking to cut my passenger side cv shaft and replace the passenger side intermediate shaft and such. Looking at all the kits they have online I am wondering if anyone had success with one or another. It looks like the stub shafts are the same between 5 lug or 6 lug.. classic or 5th gen. driver and passenger. shaft photo. that's just a photo I found on-line. I see conflicting information about some differences with the unit as a whole, but when searching at parts houses for the drivers side and dorman passenger side kit is the same part number. what say you all that have done this? Any tips? driver should just pull out, and passenger splt the front diff and do on the bench is what I am seeing.

Thank you all for your help! Added photo to help IMG_1516.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread