5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front dash 3.5s

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
Initially I didn’t want to rip apart too much of the truck for mods. Especially door panels but after seeing a few threads on the dash speaker, it’s slowly convincing me. I’m content with the alpine sound but it seems everyone on here hates it.
What would be the best 3.5 speakers for the dash money isn’t much of an issue but I definitely don’t want to run an amp.

Konrad

Reaction score
Initially I didn’t want to rip apart too much of the truck for mods. Especially door panels but after seeing a few threads on the dash speaker, it’s slowly convincing me. I’m content with the alpine sound but it seems everyone on here hates it.
What would be the best 3.5 speakers for the dash money isn’t much of an issue but I definitely don’t want to run an amp.

So, even though you're content with the sound, you're still willing to rip your truck apart and spend money just because "everyone on here hates it"???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain Stack

Reaction score

Be sure to order the harness as shown on the invoice from Crutchfield. There is also an option for Kicker CSC35 speakers which are 90 watts instead of 80 watts.

Great easy mod and huge improvement in the treble sounds of the Alpine system.

Good luck!
IMG_3966.jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 12.59.01 PM.jpg

Reaction score
I just did mine , went with some infinity’s . I also did the tears with kickers. . It does sound completely different. Very crisp. The dash and rear doors took just at an hour. Definitely worth the 120 I spent for the upgrades .

drstein

Reaction score
Oh good, ANOTHER thread about dash speakers. How many now ?

ddharris

Reaction score
The Alpine system is not terrible sound. It's a mid level manufacture installed system that works pretty well even though nothing about the components are Alpine.

R

Rob5589

"Hate" is pretty strong. I would say most are looking to improve what is arguably a darn good factory system. If you are happy, then leave it alone.

SlowPoke

Reaction score
Will those speakers work fine in the non-alpine equipped trucks?

Mine doesn’t have the alpine system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
I'm
Will those speakers work fine in the non-alpine equipped trucks?

Mine doesn’t have the alpine system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alsoncuripus about this, as I bought the speakers but dont have the alpine. Haven't had time to look as they just came in the mail a few days ago.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just did mine , went with some infinity’s . I also did the tears with kickers. . It does sound completely different. Very crisp. The dash and rear doors took just at an hour. Definitely worth the 120 I spent for the upgrades .
Interested why you didn't do the fronts too?

I may swap out my door speakers soon.

Bearman95

Reaction score
Everyone does not hate it, I enjoy mine. This is the third alpine system that I’ve had and they all sound great to me!

Reaction score
Interested why you didn't do the fronts too?

I may swap out my door speakers soon.
I haven’t decided if I am or not. I have them coming in Sunday . The problem is and I know it sounds weird maybe , but you really do lose a lot of the bass going aftermarket without an amp. The stereo itself with the dash and rears is night and day difference in how crisp it sounds and the clarity. My stock for some reason did have really good bass response . Leaving the fronts retains about 75% of the low end response and really livens it up with the dash and rears being much more cleaner and crisp. Don’t want a sub so this was the compromise . Mess with the settings to find the sweet spot to your liking and that’s all she wrote. I’ll probably just send the others ones back. Not really a great excuse. If I had them today I would have don’t everything . So it was more circumstantial than anything but that’s the best way I can justify it after doing the install I did .

rah6887

Reaction score
I haven’t decided if I am or not. I have them coming in Sunday . The problem is and I know it sounds weird maybe , but you really do lose a lot of the bass going aftermarket without an amp. The stereo itself with the dash and rears is night and day difference in how crisp it sounds and the clarity. My stock for some reason did have really good bass response . Leaving the fronts retains about 75% of the low end response and really livens it up with the dash and rears being much more cleaner and crisp. Don’t want a sub so this was the compromise . Mess with the settings to find the sweet spot to your liking and that’s all she wrote. I’ll probably just send the others ones back. Not really a great excuse. If I had them today I would have don’t everything . So it was more circumstantial than anything but that’s the best way I can justify it after doing the install I did .
Agree 100% about aftermarket speakers, they starve for power, so the end result is usually very *trebley* and underwhelming, unless you add an amp.
Which Kickers did you go with in the rear doors?

Reaction score
Agree 100% about aftermarket speakers, they starve for power, so the end result is usually very *trebley* and underwhelming, unless you add an amp.
Which Kickers did you go with in the rear doors?
43DSC69304 is the part number. Nice speakers. Great clarity over stock.

Users who are viewing this thread