5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front camera or not

Gonzo507

Reaction score
IMG_6311.jpeg
I just purchased a new 2023 limited longhorn 1500 and dealership told me this truck doesn’t have front camera. Is this not a front camera?

Gonzo507

Reaction score
On my radio I can’t view when parking close to walls at work. The radio only shows rear. My thought is it is and just not turned on but would like to see if any one else has this camera and had figured it out?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes front camera and yes it work. You can also turn it on in the radio settings. I have the 12" screen and placed the app in the lower right corner to turn all cameras on when I want.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
On my radio I can’t view when parking close to walls at work. The radio only shows rear. My thought is it is and just not turned on but would like to see if any one else has this camera and had figured it out?
Can you post your vin?
We can use it to see what the equipment it had.

Gonzo507

Reaction score
Then it is really weird you have a front camera.
I know thank is why Im trying to find out if anyone has a truck like this. Tomorrow in the daylight I’m removing plastic over radiator and looking behind grill to see if anything is plugged to it and following cables if there is any.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I know thank is why Im trying to find out if anyone has a truck like this. Tomorrow in the daylight I’m removing plastic over radiator and looking behind grill to see if anything is plugged to it and following cables if there is any.
That is def the front 360 camera.
Check if your side view mirrors have cameras under them also.

I would try turning it on with Alfaobd
Maybe try turning on Radio & Connectivity: Surround View Camera On\Off Softkey Present

Gonzo507

Reaction score
That is def the front 360 camera.
Check if your side view mirrors have cameras under them also.

I would try turning it on with Alfaobd
Maybe try turning on Radio & Connectivity: Surround View Camera On\Off Softkey Present
The mirrors don’t have cameras underneath them and I just got the truck this week so I’m definitely going to get the Alfaobd this week end.

Gonzo507

Reaction score
UPDATE….Well before ripping open the grill I took video and froze to reveal the camera is not connected. Also spoke to Facebook market guy that has a 3500 limited for parts, and will buy side mirrors w cameras, third brake light w camera, digital rear view mirror, wiring, and 360 module, for $750. Thanks for all of you that helped me out really learned a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_6331.png
    IMG_6331.png
    332.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6335.png
    IMG_6335.png
    320.1 KB · Views: 26

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wrecked truck and a replacement grill?

Or plant messed up?
He said it was new.
It's not on the equipment listing anywhere.
I assume it was like chip shortages and they only had the higher level grill to install.
Lots of manufactures put stuff in that just needs to be enabled, sometimes even wired correctly already.

Defiantly lucked out.

Users who are viewing this thread