5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front bumper options (chicom pig iron need not apply)?

KIBarrister

Reaction score
Had a deer run out doing 55. Credit to the Ram, my kids didn’t even know it happened - but the bumper and grill were toast (along with the radiator). Asked the body shop to put on an aftermarket front bumper from Chassis Unlimited made in America. They said ok. After the work starts, for reasons still not explained (they wanted to get one with a better profit margin) they started sending me other ones to look at. Among the examples is a fugly abortion of pig iron made by Westin I said no to quite clearly. Sent another one without info afterwards that I said fine, as long as it’s made in America.

Picked up my Ram yesterday after waiting almost three months (the last month it’s sat done, it turns out, while the shop was trying to shake down more money), and that God awful Chinesium trashed is bolted to the front of my poor Ram. Yeah, I was real salty. Real, real salty…

Now, since the shop knows full well what they did was a bait and switch, they’ll be paying for a proper replacement. Before I settle on Chassis Unlikited as planned, any other suggestions to take a look at that *ARE* made in America?

I have a 2” lift running 35s so I’m looking for some extra heft, preferably with provisions for a winch - but it’s not like a 6” lift with mini monster tires that would justify some of the far more beefy options.

Thanks in advance! I need to get this thing off my Ram PDQ - I feel about to stroke out every time I look at the front of my truck and knowing it is Chinesium… 🤬

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If they are paying, make it hurt 😅

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.wickedbumpers.com

This one is made right here in Nebraska in a two man shop. Water jetted, Hand welded, and made to order. Has optional winch mount, square or round tube bull bar, park sensors, and lighting. PXL_20240602_183458743.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread