5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front and rear parksense assist with stop

Rebel 4x4

Reaction score
I noticed backing up slower than 7mph the system will jam the brake but when I rolled forward the system threw on my e brake anyone experience that I found it weird that backing up no ebrake but forward it throws the ebrake is that normal

Rebel 4x4

Reaction score
If it helps i had the driver side door open a little when i was slowly rolling forward maybe thats why it hit the ebrake

grinch72

Reaction score
If it helps i had the driver side door open a little when i was slowly rolling forward maybe thats why it hit the ebrake
The truck stops itself at slow speeds when the doors opens. doesn't matter if anything is around you. you could be in the middle of a parking lot and it will throw on the e-brake.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Safety issue.

It is so one leans out so far as to fall out of the door and the truck roll over said person. Thank you FCA.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Safety issue.

It is so one leans out so far as to fall out of the door and the truck roll over said person. Thank you FCA.

Probably a safety feature stemmed from people getting ran over because they couldn't use the gear shift in the old Grand Cherokees and Lx cars

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There was a recall on Jeep Grand Cherokees. I used to have a 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT. After having the recall done, if I had the shifter in gear and I opened the driver's door, the shifter would automatically shift into park and the vehicle would stop moving. The Star Trek actor, Anton Yelchin, had a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The recall had not yet been done on his Jeep and it rolled back and, unfortunately, killed him.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
There was a recall on Jeep Grand Cherokees. I used to have a 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT. After having the recall done, if I had the shifter in gear and I opened the driver's door, the shifter would automatically shift into park and the vehicle would stop moving. The Star Trek actor, Anton Yelchin, had a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The recall had not yet been done on his Jeep and it rolled back and, unfortunately, killed him.

I think it rolled forward and pinned him against the garage or a wall, but yeah that was the nail in the coffin for the feature.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope, his Jeep rolled backward down the driveway pinning him against his mailbox post and a security wall.

BugGuy

Reaction score
I was under the impression, there was only brake assist in reverse, not forward. It could also be a trim level thing too.

Users who are viewing this thread