5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From build order to delivery

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
This will be my 3rd ram but first time building and ordering...order placed 12/5/20 ..2021 Laramie crew cab 5.7 etorque,night,BUG, ram boxes.
How long until I can get my VIN and or start tracking the build.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question but i have one for you if that's okay:
Did you order through a dealer and got a discount or did you order online and bought for the website price?

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question but i have one for you if that's okay:
Did you order through a dealer and got a discount or did you order online and bought for the website price?
Through a dealer. I reached out and I’m waiting to hear back. Thought I’d check here to see what others experiences were.

Kroger

Reaction score
Ordered on 10/9 and arrived at the dealer on 11/27. Picked up 12/3. The truck arrived much faster than I was expecting but was eagerly awaiting! RamChat and Cryptostickers.net were great once you have your VIN/VON numbers.

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
Got my Vin# and estimated ship date 1/8... I don’t think that’s too accurate esp since order was placed 12/5 but we will see. Very excited

Kroger

Reaction score
Got my Vin# and estimated ship date 1/8... I don’t think that’s too accurate esp since order was placed 12/5 but we will see. Very excited
It could happen but agreed that does seem fast! RamChat should be able to let you know where its at in the process as well. If its expected ship date of 1/8, your truck maybe being built within the next two weeks. I followed up bi-weekly with Ramchat and one day it was ready for production and the next time I asked it was done! I believe its 2 days for production.

Jeff B

Reaction score
Thats awesome you get to follow it thru the assembly stages !
Where I work a major auto manufacturer was touring our plant , got chatting about the time it takes ..2 days from start to finish , one truck every 45 seconds . This was Fords F150 line

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Wow, awesome! That seems quick, wishing mine would happen that fast! Lol
How you liking the truck so far?
Ordered on 10/9 and arrived at the dealer on 11/27. Picked up 12/3. The truck arrived much faster than I was expecting but was eagerly awaiting! RamChat and Cryptostickers.net were great once you have your VIN/VON numbers.

Kroger

Reaction score
Wow, awesome! That seems quick, wishing mine would happen that fast! Lol
How you liking the truck so far?
Love it! It was my first truck and first new car ever purchased. Couldn't turn down the deal and rebates.

The interior is top notch, with a smooth and quiet ride. I Should have close to 2000 miles on it before the end of the year. Going in for tint and PPF in January.

Also added a BakFlip Revolver x4 that I am very happy with. - Had to add some weather stripping / foam because of the rambox gap but it has sealed up nicely.

Shockingram

Reaction score
I ordered on 12.9 and my ship date says 1.7, dealer told me that if as fast as they’ve seen, but If my order was identical to a truck they are building they will reassign the one about to be built to me. We will see, I actually ordered because I didn’t need for a few months. Would be nice to use my bonus cash rebate before 1/20 though.

Users who are viewing this thread