5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From 2018 F150 Platinum to 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited was just put off the truck today and I had it an hour later.

Everyone know the main pros especially vs my 2018 F150 Platinum:

Ride Quality: superior, period, soft and bumps/ railroad tracks are perfect. Acceleration is smooth and it’s plenty of pep for a pickup.

Interior: The Ram hands down, I’ll say placement is a bit better in ford but the quality, materials everything else is 500x better

External: the front end of the ford a tad better but ram again unique, lights are amazing, it’s growing on me.

No regrets and a substantial loss but I’m super happy ;) Ram this is an amazing pickup, plan to pull a a 5th wheel tomorrow for fun and a 10 hour road trip planned for Sunday.

Etorque: for 500 dollars it’s worth it, near instant power, again superior to ford and it’s better than the one in my Jeep

4x4 Off-road sticker: just kinda looks cheap

Things I miss so far: tailgate step ;)
Great to see your feedback.

When I was recently comparison shopping, the 2018 F-150 was a serious contender. But what I really wanted was an F-150 Limited grille, the interior scheme from a King Ranch (or maybe Platinum / Marsala), wheels from a Super Duty, and engine from the Raptor. The 2019 F-150 Limited addresses the interior and engine. I have to remind myself that it will still have a bouncy ride, no RamBox, and the interior styling (color scheme and quality aside) is still a letdown.

techieanalyst

Reaction score
Great to see your feedback.

When I was recently comparison shopping, the 2018 F-150 was a serious contender. But what I really wanted was an F-150 Limited grille, the interior scheme from a King Ranch (or maybe Platinum / Marsala), wheels from a Super Duty, and engine from the Raptor. The 2019 F-150 Limited addresses the interior and engine. I have to remind myself that it will still have a bouncy ride, no RamBox, and the interior styling (color scheme and quality aside) is still a letdown.

Well I’m a guy who actually owned a 2018 F150 Platinum ;) so it’s not a “I compared”, and I loved the truck but as I said, I saw the ram interior and felt the ride quality I was out.

techieanalyst

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else noticed but the truck is just so smooth about everything, giving it gas for example, in my f150 I felt jerks, ram delivers smooth and it’s accelerator is just smooth, turn signal again smooth and in the Ford feels very mechanical while the ram just has a silky motion

Tested self parking as well, again better than the ford and you can do parallel and perpendicular.

Really like the soft plush feel of things and not the rough.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Great review overall. Watched this yesterday. Disagree that the mirrors on the Ford are larger than the RAM's. Not even close.

techieanalyst

Reaction score
Great review overall. Watched this yesterday. Disagree that the mirrors on the Ford are larger than the RAM's. Not even close.

I think "Glass area" minus the blind spot there more "surface" on the Ford actually ;) but were talking like 5% imo, I much prefer the ram side view mirrors, when I saw it had the blind sport mirrors a tear came to my eye lol

Thats another thing, prefer the side view mirrors, they're out a little further and add the blind spot checker and you have gold.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Having a 2016 F150 with BLIS (and no blind spot mirrors), I much prefer the Rams more horizontal mirrors vs the more verticle ones on the F150.

Users who are viewing this thread