5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From 2018 F150 Platinum to 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

techieanalyst

Reaction score
Congrats! I almost bought an '18 Platinum and so glad I waited. You'll get a lot more tech, features, etc. and pay less too.

I was happy with my ford but only 5k miles on it, never drive it, been enjoying my 2018 JLUR, i took a limited for a ride and the air suspension was awesome and just about everything about the truck made me think WOW! really "pops"

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was happy with my ford but only 5k miles on it, never drive it, been enjoying my 2018 JLUR, i took a limited for a ride and the air suspension was awesome and just about everything about the truck made me think WOW! really "pops"

We both jumped! I remember you from the F-150 forums, I went with 5'7" this time but do miss my 6'4". You will like the RAM, Ford does some things better but overall the RAM is great so far...

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
lol I saw you on the F150 forums get lit up for posting this! I was dead set on these two trucks so I didn't exactly see why they were so upset, it's the main competitor with the f150 at this point. Anyways, almost a month into my Limited, couldn't be happier. Welcome to your new home! Also....JLUR :love:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. Hope your wait isn't too long. Glad to hear you were impressed with the Ram enough to switch from ford.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
We both jumped! I remember you from the F-150 forums, I went with 5'7" this time but do miss my 6'4". You will like the RAM, Ford does some things better but overall the RAM is great so far...
What are the big advantages and disadvantage with the 5.7 versus 6.4? I know size but do you really need the 6.4 bed that often?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What are the big advantages and disadvantage with the 5.7 versus 6.4? I know size but do you really need the 6.4 bed that often?
Interested to hear this, too...I'll be giving up my 6'-6" bed for my new Ram.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interested to hear this, too...I'll be giving up my 6'-6" bed for my new Ram.

On the 2018 F-150 It was more of a look for me. I added 286/65r20, 2.5" level and 3" rear block along with power tow mirrors it almost looked like a super duty It was neat having the box side steps so you could easily wash the top and reach the rear window. Some folks do it when the add a toolbox and want that lost space back.

techieanalyst

Reaction score

Ran into a lot of scenarios where the 6'4" just fit most things better, example couches, I built a power lift mount in my garage for my jeep, the length of wood fit in better with less sticking out (wood eh), my ATV wouldn't fit with tailgate down, those are small stupid examples, but when i went out for date nights (im 6'0) I'm about to fit in with a lil woman pretty well ;)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ran into a lot of scenarios where the 6'4" just fit most things better, example couches, I built a power lift mount in my garage for my jeep, the length of wood fit in better with less sticking out (wood eh), my ATV wouldn't fit with tailgate down, those are small stupid examples, but when i went out for date nights (im 6'0) I'm about to fit in with a lil woman pretty well ;)
Yeah, I suppose the bed extender doesn't really help you in that last example...

techieanalyst

Reaction score
So my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited was just put off the truck today and I had it an hour later.

Everyone know the main pros especially vs my 2018 F150 Platinum:

Ride Quality: superior, period, soft and bumps/ railroad tracks are perfect. Acceleration is smooth and it’s plenty of pep for a pickup.

Interior: The Ram hands down, I’ll say placement is a bit better in ford but the quality, materials everything else is 500x better

External: the front end of the ford a tad better but ram again unique, lights are amazing, it’s growing on me.

No regrets and a substantial loss but I’m super happy ;) Ram this is an amazing pickup, plan to pull a a 5th wheel tomorrow for fun and a 10 hour road trip planned for Sunday.

Etorque: for 500 dollars it’s worth it, near instant power, again superior to ford and it’s better than the one in my Jeep

4x4 Off-road sticker: just kinda looks cheap

Things I miss so far: tailgate step ;)

Last edited:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
So my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited was just put off the truck today and I had it an hour later.

Everyone know the main pros especially vs my 2018 F150 Platinum:

Ride Quality: superior, period, soft and bumps/ railroad tracks are perfect. Acceleration is smooth and it’s plenty of pep for a pickup.

Interior: The Ram hands down, I’ll say placement is a bit better in ford but the quality, materials everything else is 500x better

External: the front end of the ford a tad better but ram again unique, lights are amazing, it’s growing on me.

No regrets and a substantial loss but I’m super happy ;) Ram this is an amazing pickup, plan to pull a a 5th wheel tomorrow for fun and a 10 hour road trip planned for Sunday.

Etorque: for 500 dollars it’s worth it, near instant power, again superior to ford and it’s better than the one in my Jeep

Glad to hear your happy with it so far. It seems like a lot of people are coming from other brands and are quite impressed with the new Ram.

techieanalyst

Reaction score
Glad to hear your happy with it so far. It seems like a lot of people are coming from other brands and are quite impressed with the new Ram.

Nothing compares at the moment ;) ram took their truck from a pickup in a class and made a new class, I’m sure ford will fight back in 2 years, chev/gym doesn’t understand interiors at all, the foreign guys won’t make this kinda of investment on an interior

To add to this, 7 new f150s in a row for me, and this ram took me, just traded in a 2018....so I’ve had em both

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing compares at the moment ;) ram took their truck from a pickup in a class and made a new class, I’m sure ford will fight back in 2 years, chev/gym doesn’t understand interiors at all, the foreign guys won’t make this kinda of investment on an interior

I agree, Ford will step it up for their next gen and as I've said many times before I feel like GM is just lost.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Awesome, thanks! I don't see any uneven lighting with the numbers looks good!

Users who are viewing this thread