5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fresh coat of wax

19RebelZ

Reaction score
So I found some turtle wax jet black wax online, figured I’d give it a shot not usually a big turtle wax fan but I’m definitely pleased at the results

Attachments

• 1ACF1AA0-BBD7-4842-AE65-3CB12FC77E3C.jpeg
    1ACF1AA0-BBD7-4842-AE65-3CB12FC77E3C.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 318
  • F91C716A-75C4-4DA6-97E6-D95731512033.jpeg
    F91C716A-75C4-4DA6-97E6-D95731512033.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 312
  • 6BD0CF23-2F8D-4400-9604-554FD32FF5B6.jpeg
    6BD0CF23-2F8D-4400-9604-554FD32FF5B6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 292

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I found some turtle wax jet black wax online, figured I’d give it a shot not usually a big turtle wax fan but I’m definitely pleased at the results

Looks great. Havent used Turtle Wax in 20+ years. Big Meguires fan.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your paint is very smooth glass like. My flame red Rebel has a fair amount of orange peel to paint. It is acceptable but not as glassy as yours. Looks great!!! :) I was thinking about waxing mine with Harley paste wax that is a small batch old formula carnauba wax and then using "the Last Coat" on top of it. Does anyone have experience with "the Last Coat" as it is a competitor to F11 Top Coat but can handle car soap washes better?

Attachments

• IMG_3406.JPG
    IMG_3406.JPG
    594.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3291.JPG
    IMG_3291.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3296.JPG
    IMG_3296.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 97

19RebelZ

Reaction score
Your paint is very smooth glass like. My flame red Rebel has a fair amount of orange peel to paint. It is acceptable but not as glassy as yours. Looks great!!! :) I was thinking about waxing mine with Harley paste wax that is a small batch old formula carnauba wax and then using "the Last Coat" on top of it. Does anyone have experience with "the Last Coat" as it is a competitor to F11 Top Coat but can handle car soap washes better?
Man that stinks with the orange peel, no matter how slight it is, just shouldn’t happen. This isn’t macco. Digging the red ram front grille, looking to do mine soon, think it’ll tie in exterior to the interior. No experience with F11/last coat. Back in the day I bought a zaino package, man did that shine. But man it was a process, about 8.5 hours on a 350z

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Compound and polish especially with a 7424 will not remove even a bit of orange peel. Either comes from the factory with limited orange peel or needs to be wetsanded.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man that stinks with the orange peel, no matter how slight it is, just shouldn’t happen. This isn’t macco. Digging the red ram front grille, looking to do mine soon, think it’ll tie in exterior to the interior. No experience with F11/last coat. Back in the day I bought a zaino package, man did that shine. But man it was a process, about 8.5 hours on a 350z

I have a black Longhorn, got it in October,and Just like Jhill my entire truck has the "orange peel" texture to it.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Sorry there is orange peel all over that truck. It's shiny and detailed properly but zoom in and orange peel city. Nothing short of 80 hours of wetsanding would remedy that. It exists on every modern car including Bugattis, Ferrari's, Mercedes, etc.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I zoomed in tight and did see what you are saying. Is there enough clear coat from factory to wet sand out orange peel and not compromise finish? Just wondering

WasatchBack

Reaction score
I zoomed in tight and did see what you are saying. Is there enough clear coat from factory to wet sand out orange peel and not compromise finish? Just wondering
Yes there is enough clear. You probably remove 40 Mills and leave 100 Mills of clear. But there are only a few detailers in this country that could be trusted to do a proper job leveling the paint and you are litterally looking at 70-100 hours of labor, for a daily driven truck.

mhb1638

Reaction score
I've said it a million times across various forums, stay miles away from F11....it'll **** up your paint and glass. Leave hard spots in both that are a ***** to remove.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've said it a million times across various forums, stay miles away from F11....it'll **** up your paint and glass. Leave hard spots in both that are a ***** to remove.
What about "the last coat" product that doesn't wash off with car wash soap and formulated by a small detailer company. Do you feel the same about that product if used over top of a good carnauba wax like Harleys? (It is a family formula wax product thats been around since the 1950's)

mhb1638

Reaction score
What about "the last coat" product that doesn't wash off with car wash soap and formulated by a small detailer company. Do you feel the same about that product if used over top of a good carnauba wax like Harleys? (It is a family formula wax product thats been around since the 1950's)
I've never used that product so I can't say

Users who are viewing this thread