5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freezing Dog

Reverse

Reaction score
It was 28F on during my commute this morning. For a while, I saw this truck a few cars ahead of me with a dog in the bed. Speeds up to 60mph with the dog's coat and ears flapping in the wind.
Am I overreacting when I consider this animal cruelty? Windchill, even if you take into account some shelter from the cab, must be brutal.

Opinions?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd think if doggo was that cold, he'd be curled up and not standing there enjoying all the new smells.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is illegal in New Hampshire.
If you care, Section 644:8-f Transporting Dogs in Pickup Trucks...

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dogs are not stupid. If it was cold it would have been curled up in a ball. I saw nothing cruel in the video. Dog appeared happy.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is illegal in New Hampshire.
If you care, Section 644:8-f Transporting Dogs in Pickup Trucks...

The law you posted just requires a tether or structure to prevent them from falling out of the truck; it doesn't prohibit dogs from riding in the back of the truck. I couldn't tell from the video whether or not the dog was tethered so it's possible it would not have been illegal even in NH.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The law you posted just requires a tether or structure to prevent them from falling out of the truck; it doesn't prohibit dogs from riding in the back of the truck. I couldn't tell from the video whether or not the dog was tethered so it's possible it would not have been illegal even in NH.
Yes, unfortunately I read the law after I posted my comment & did not have a chance to edit it.
And my phone battery died & I was in a spot where I could not charge it until just now... :rolleyes:
👍to you!

Users who are viewing this thread