5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Mods, or pretty damn close

RookieDDZ

Reaction score
I searched for a thread, but I did not find one. But I was thinking we can show off some of our free mods. I'm sure this will not get close to the What did you do to your Ram today??? thread, but it'll be fun.

I covered the light sensor with black duct tape. I wanted to leave my fog lights on, and have them turn off when I turned off the truck. So leaving the light switch on AUTO and covering the sensor worked. Easy, had duct tape kicking around the house, and cheaper than a Tazer.

IMG_3747.JPG

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Doesn't that leave your illumination kind of dark. Making it hard to see during daylight hours?

RookieDDZ

Reaction score
Doesn't that leave your illumination kind of dark. Making it hard to see during daylight hours?
There is the dash lights dial that you can adjust. The dash is bright and I turn it down at night. Small price to pay.

RookieDDZ

Reaction score
That may also tell the AC what the solar load is. Right now it probably is okay but when things warm up in the spring, you may find the AC doesn't get as cold as you'd like.
I'll keep an eye on that come summer. I did this in the fall, so I have not tested it yet. Good call!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is the dash lights dial that you can adjust. The dash is bright and I turn it down at night. Small price to pay.
I understand you get the fogs on but not sure if I want to be driving around with my headlights on during the day.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Plan on towing or hauling regularly? If not, for a free level cut a loop or two from the rear springs

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A couple other free mods are disabling the seat belt warning chime, debage or plastidip emblems, and my personal favorite disabling MDS

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I spent a few bucks and bought rubber USB port plugs to keep the dust out since I only use 2 ports regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread