5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free 'Limited' Arm Brands (Too Hot Limited Badge in Center Console)

djjr50

Reaction score
It's already in the 90's in North Florida and I was unpleasantly surprised when I got into my truck a few weeks ago and almost smelled bacon cooking (sarcasm)! That Limited badge on the center console absorbs heat like you wouldnt believe!

What clever solutions have you all come up with to deal with this? I've closed the sunroof shade and I already have tint all around (except windshield).

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My arm is on the console virtually all the time I'm driving "the lean". The console lid is gigantic and to be honest I've never had my arm land on it. And I lived south of you for the first 15 months of ownership. It also sat outside 24/7

djjr50

Reaction score
My arm is on the console virtually all the time I'm driving "the lean". The console lid is gigantic and to be honest I've never had my arm land on it. And I lived south of you for the first 15 months of ownership. It also sat outside 24/7
Really...?! And you have the metal "Limited" badge on the console armrest?

djjr50

Reaction score
See my sig.....
I did. Wasnt going to assume all Limited's had that.

Not sure why you dont have the issue but I am glad you dont. Do you actually touch the metal upon entering the vehicle?

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The biggest issue I had down south was when I forgot to turn the top (wood) of the steering wheel the bottom when I parked. The wood gets blazing hot sitting in the sun. No issues with metal.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Put a Ceramic tint on the sunroof, it cuts way down on the heat, or make sure you close the cloth portion of the sunroof to shade that area.

djjr50

Reaction score
The biggest issue I had down south was when I forgot to turn the top (wood) of the steering wheel the bottom when I parked. The wood gets blazing hot sitting in the sun. No issues with metal.
We must have different senses. The wood gets warm (when wheel is straight) even in direct sun but the metal plate absorbs heat and radiates it. Glad that you dont have that issue though.

Put a Ceramic tint on the sunroof, it cuts way down on the heat, or make sure you close the cloth portion of the sunroof to shade that area.
Ceramic tint can go on the windshield legally? I know it's mostly transparent but I guess I will check the laws in my area.

I am thinking of how I can cover that metal plate. In fact, I'd be up for removing it and replacing with a wooden version. Hmmm...the wheels are turning!

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We must have different senses. The wood gets warm (when wheel is straight) even in direct sun but the metal plate absorbs heat and radiates it. Glad that you dont have that issue

I was out in the garage vacuuming out the truck and snapping the cloth inserts back into the floor mats. I sat in the front seat and my arm isn't close to landing on the emblem when I rest my arm on the console. My wife, who rides shotgun, has never complained about her arm/wrist hitting the hot emblem.

Now the truck is parked in the garage and really doesn't sit out like it did in Florida.

djjr50

Reaction score
I was out in the garage vacuuming out the truck and snapping the cloth inserts back into the floor mats. I sat in the front seat and my arm isn't close to landing on the emblem when I rest my arm on the console. My wife, who rides shotgun, has never complained about her arm/wrist hitting the hot emblem.

Now the truck is parked in the garage and really doesn't sit out like it did in Florida.
I forgot to mention I am in the 99th percentile in height, so while you may not touch it, I do. I guess it's just another big man's problem I will have to fix.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What clever solutions have you all come up with to deal with this? I've closed the sunroof shade and I already have tint all around (except windshield).

i put a few microfiber towels on the top of the center console lid to keep my arm from sticking to the top due to perspiration and hot interior. also, if i get in and it is raining out i have a towel at the ready to blot up any moisture off of the interior of the door and the door mounted controls.

djjr50

Reaction score
i put a few microfiber towels on the top of the center console lid to keep my arm from sticking to the top due to perspiration and hot interior. also, if i get in and it is raining out i have a towel at the ready to blot up any moisture off of the interior of the door and the door mounted controls.
Good tips. I keep paper towels in the RamBox and tissues in the back. Oh...I have a microfiber for the screen!

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
We must have different senses. The wood gets warm (when wheel is straight) even in direct sun but the metal plate absorbs heat and radiates it. Glad that you dont have that issue though.

Ceramic tint can go on the windshield legally? I know it's mostly transparent but I guess I will check the laws in my area.

I am thinking of how I can cover that metal plate. In fact, I'd be up for removing it and replacing with a wooden version. Hmmm...the wheels are turning!
[/QUOTE

Not tint the windshield. I was saying to tint the sunroof with ceramic tint instead of the plain tint. Makes a big difference in the heat level in the truck.

djjr50

Reaction score
What did that run you (if you dont mind me asking)?

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I had all the windows done and the sunroof for around $600 if I remember right. More expensive than regular tint, but I really feel a difference. I had regular tint in my F-150 with the panoramic sunroof, If I left the shade open during the day, it was like an oven in the truck. I live in South Louisiana where the heat and humidity are oppressive at times.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a custom console cover that my friend made with the Ram's head embroidered on it.

Users who are viewing this thread