5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frankenstein Level.. thoughts guys?

Icecold77

Reaction score
Long story short. I have the 3.5in ReadyLift SST kit. Before I have the whole kit installed I'm waiting for Bilstein 5100s to be out for the 2019s so they can be reinstalled vs. The factory Mopar struts/shocks.

In the meantime I'm going to have the ReadyLift Control arms, and the top hat spacer installed to level the truck. I have 35x11.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers waiting to go on..

I expect opinions to vary on this approach vs. Why not just use the factory struts/shocks. It's a huge difference in install time at the garage, and I'd rather not go back in a few months and pay that bill again. Has anyone upgraded their control arms and just put the top hat spacer on? If so, are you happy with it??

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Long story short. I have the 3.5in ReadyLift SST kit. Before I have the whole kit installed I'm waiting for Bilstein 5100s to be out for the 2019s so they can be reinstalled vs. The factory Mopar struts/shocks.

In the meantime I'm going to have the ReadyLift Control arms, and the top hat spacer installed to level the truck. I have 35x11.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers waiting to go on..

I expect opinions to vary on this approach vs. Why not just use the factory struts/shocks. It's a huge difference in install time at the garage, and I'd rather not go back in a few months and pay that bill again. Has anyone upgraded their control arms and just put the top hat spacer on? If so, are you happy with it??
Yes. And yes.

2.5" Motofab spacers and Readylift UCA's rated up to 6" lift. Rides like stock and ball joint angles are close to stock. Hardly needed an alignment, but still got one this morning.

Sorry, just realized you'd probably prefer a non-Rebel opinion since I have Bilsteins already.

Icecold77

Reaction score
I figure you can't go wrong with RLs beefy UCA. Once Bilstein info is out for the 19s I'll have the rest of the Readylift kit installed. For now, get the UCA and top hat from RL put on, get the wheels and tires on.. I'll send her back to the shop when I have the rest of the goods!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking to do something similar but waiting on Falcon to offer replacement struts for the 2019 as opposed to billstein. Although for the price it's hard to beat 5100 struts and 5160s for the rear

Users who are viewing this thread