5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox Factory Race Series 2.5 Coilovers

DRebel

Reaction score
Man, it’s nice.
So at the 2in set with factory UCA and factory piggyback bil from the ORG:
0 out everything
Soft not to much to noticed.
3clicks on low and high compression
Road - is a smooth and comfortable, the stiffness I can’t complain is not a bad stiffness.
Beach - “Wow” it’s really smooth and easily transition between ruts no major whoop issues.

I’m definitely impressed I love the comfort. Zero complaints from the wife hitting bumps because she couldn’t feel them like before.

Install
Was easy the hardest part is the UCA disconnect, no the a 10mm wrench and hammer can’t handle.

Attachments

• A556192E-C82D-4574-A3C4-F6F5A0BDE308.jpeg
    A556192E-C82D-4574-A3C4-F6F5A0BDE308.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 0B81B572-1790-46EF-BF49-5D05A641D3D6.jpeg
    0B81B572-1790-46EF-BF49-5D05A641D3D6.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 313
  • 99D0BDDB-0666-4706-8DCD-84DB5F60DF37.jpeg
    99D0BDDB-0666-4706-8DCD-84DB5F60DF37.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 308

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Man, it’s nice.
0 out everything
Road - is a smooth and comfortable, the stiffness I can’t complain is not a bad stiffness.
Beach - “Wow” it’s really smooth and easily transition between ruts no major whoop issues.

I’m definitely impressed I love the comfort. Zero complaints from the wife hitting bumps because she couldn’t feel them like before.

Install
Was easy the hardest part is the UCA disconnect, no the a 10mm wrench and hammer can’t handle.

How bad was dropping the UCA at steering nuckle? Just hit the UCA with a hammer?

Whitenight

Reaction score
Yes also you need a 10mm wrench to twist the spindle, while jacking the lower arm up a little to relief some pressure
Are you gonna move them to the 3 inch stage when your UCA comes in?

DRebel

Reaction score
Updates.

DRebel

Reaction score
Recently bought a 2020 Ram Laramie Night with 22s 4x4 I have been reading through the trend about the fox coil overs and wanted to know if what you were taking about in here was the same as the BDS https://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=2&mo=16&ty=99&yr=2020 Haven’t see or read much of anything about the BDS 2inch lift/level

I questioned those awhile ago. But it couldn’t have been them because the day I ordered mine they literally just came out. It had to be an older set up but there’s to different versions of mine also. One is -165 at the end 2in lift and mine are the -166 2-3in lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Night Rebel

Reaction score
Man, it’s nice.
0 out everything

Install
Die you need a wheel spacer to use stock tires?

flying53brian

Reaction score
You don't need wheel spacers to run stock wheels and tires. I am running them now with this setup

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4

RabelLA

Reaction score
Beautiful setup!
Switching the stocks with the fox shocks how many inches of a raise did it give you?

Last edited:

flying53brian

Reaction score
I added a little more preload to net 1.75" over stock. Was 38.25 now 40". I have the 2-3" coilovers so added the BDS upper control arms.

For sure, love the ride more now knowing the capabilities I have!

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4
Fox 2.5 lift

TriSum

Reaction score
Man, it’s nice.
0 out everything

Install
Any further updates?

Did they "break in" after time?

Where did you end up with your settings?

Mine are sitting in the garage waiting on my UCA's.

DRebel

Reaction score
Any further updates?

Did they "break in" after time?

Where did you end up with your settings?

Mine are sitting in the garage waiting on my UCA's.

I’ve put roughly 40k on them no issues.
Roughly 15-20k broke I settled, nothing drastic or notable.
I’ll have to re check my settings because I did recently change them.
My UCA are still in my Garage too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyscrape81

Reaction score
Man, it’s nice.
0 out everything

Install

Sorry to bring back an old thread. A

I just took delivery of my 22 Rebel. Awesome truck. I did order the 2.5dsc 2-3 extended travel fronts and matching rear. Waiting on the carli rear springs to install the lift.

My question is… Drebel…how do you feel with stock size tires on with this lift?
Do you wish you had gone larger?

Or are you happy with what it came with?

I’m tempted to stay stock as I can probably improve mileage with stock size Toyo at3 or Cooper at3xlt’s. I bought the suspension to improve the ride more so than for looks.

Moto21

Reaction score
We I just got my coilovers from PolyPerformance, now I’m waiting for my UCA arm to come before I install. I’m really looking forward to this experience being like my ZR2 I traded in. View attachment 64728 View attachment 64729
Question, curious if you know the actual measurement of these? top of plate to center of eye? fox website has 1 length and vendors show a whole different length so im trying to figure out if its 24" or 23". Thanks!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question, curious if you know the actual measurement of these? top of plate to center of eye? fox website has 1 length and vendors show a whole different length so im trying to figure out if its 24" or 23". Thanks!
Call fox suspensions at 619-768-1800 and go through the oprions to get a sales person or tech rep. Give them the model number of your shock and ask them anything you want. They can pull all of their R&D documents and give you info. This was the case for me when I had a defective coil on one of my 2.0’s. They emailed me the documents I needed but couldn’t find online.

Users who are viewing this thread