5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox Factory Race Series 2.5 Coilovers

Bestcoast

Reaction score
I was reading about the 2.0 coilovers that Fox released for our trucks finally. Looking through the install instructions and I noticed that in the pictures they have a 2.5 factory race series coil over in the front and piggyback shock in the back. On the first page of the instructions they give a part number too for a full kit with UCA.

I‘m stoked that were finally getting a good mid-travel system for our trucks aside from the BDS kit.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
I was reading about the 2.0 coilovers that Fox released for our trucks finally. Looking through the install instructions and I noticed that in the pictures they have a 2.5 factory race series coil over in the front and piggyback shock in the back. On the first page of the instructions they give a part number too for a full kit with UCA.

I‘m stoked that were finally getting a good mid-travel system for our trucks aside from the BDS kit.
Fox owns BDS......but still cool though. Manufacturers don't seem to be in a rush to make anything new that's not Ford or Chevy.

Last edited:

BiGJZ74

Reaction score

Looks like the Kit is Front Only w/ Fox Race 2.5's w/ DSC adjusters (paer # xx-077 is 2" Frt coilover, xx-078 3" coilover, xx-079 is the rear 2.5's with Resi's.

Kiwisteve

Reaction score

Who are you ordering these through? Directly through Fox?

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fox owns BDS......but still cool though. Manufacturers don't seem to be in a rush to make anything new that's not Ford or Chevy.
I think the aftermarket is waiting for the TRX to come out... see how Ram augmented the suspension, maybe take some measurements or a quick 3D scan... and then copy it for themselves.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
That would be perfect!!!

Yes, that's why I was reaching out to them on various options. A 3" lift and with high and low speed compression adjustments would be perfect for me. I was going to the pair them with the UCAs from Fabtech that they use for their 3" coilover. The Mopar lift with the ORP spring I'm running does not have good valving.

I've pretty much decided on the TRX at this point though. Just waiting on them to drop the details.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to go with that kit but I was told it was only a 2" level through bds themselves(putting a rebel at +1" than normal). U can always crank it up higher but compromise ride quality. I went with king 2.5 instead for a 2" level.

Attachments

• 20200708_231312.jpg
    20200708_231312.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

ljndralec

Reaction score
I was going to go with that kit but I was told it was only a 2" level through bds themselves. U can always crank it up higher but compromise ride quality. I went with king 2.5 instead for a 2.5 level.
hello where did you buy those coilovers? i have been looking for kings for my 2019 big horn 4x4 ive only found icons and now the foxs

Downytide

Reaction score
I was going to go with that kit but I was told it was only a 2" level through bds themselves. U can always crank it up higher but compromise ride quality. I went with king 2.5 instead for a 2.5 level.

I'd love some kings, but they just don't hold up in the winter here.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Downytide

Reaction score
Are coilovere really compromised by the winter cold?

Its the rust/corrosion that kills them, the shaft gets pitted then eats the piston seal which leads to leak, for some reason Kings corrode really bad up here, you can see people talk about them on toyota forums, my friend had a set on his Tundra, after one winter literally everything was seized, it still drove well but its bit an eye sore seeing corrosion on a 5k suspension.

That and no one really knows how to rebuild them in Toronto, so that means gotta ship them elsewhere for rebuild.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its the rust/corrosion that kills them, the shaft gets pitted then eats the piston seal which leads to leak, for some reason Kings corrode really bad up here, you can see people talk about them on toyota forums, my friend had a set on his Tundra, after one winter literally everything was seized, it still drove well but its bit an eye sore seeing corrosion on a 5k suspension.

That and no one really knows how to rebuild them in Toronto, so that means gotta ship them elsewhere for rebuild.
Wow that's a bummer :(

ljndralec

Reaction score
Here is the link. Filthy motorsports is top notch. Follow my thread and you'll see my experience with them.

thank you! im about to upgrade my suspension these next months ive been trying to research have not made up my mind icon vs fox vs king 2.5 never had any of these but i here everybody say kings are best so kings it is!

Are coilovere really compromised by the winter cold?

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
oh also wa ted to ask. if i also get upper control arms do i need to get the extended travel coilovers or no.?
Im not sure what you mean? Is all you want just upper control arms and no shocks? There's no extended travel coils for the ram at the moment just oem spec coil overs such as these

Users who are viewing this thread