5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox DSC favorite settings?

mplaramie

Reaction score
I may take out my Icon Stage 2 kit and go to a Fox PE w/DSC set up. The Icons are great but I've decided to stay on pavement 95% of the time. Just looking to have some adjustability if/when needed while keeping a softer road ride.

The question for everyone is, what is your favorite on road setting for Fox DSC's. I've thought about having them tuned by Accutune but figured I'd do that when its time to refresh them. Any and all help and suggestions are appreciated.

BTW - if I do the change, I'll have an Icon Stage 2 kit for sale. Only about 1.5k miles on it.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No idea, but have you looked into having Icon add the CDCV adjusters to your current setup? I've heard their adjustability is quite noticeable and effective, and they do retrofits. Wonder if its a cheaper option?

mplaramie

Reaction score
Great idea! I thought about it. If I keep the Icons as a spare, I may send them out for the retrofit. Never hurts to have back ups.... 🙂

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Fox 2.5 Performance Elites with DSC. These are not the same as the Fox Factory with DSC. I have mine set at 6 high and 6 low for street and I usually give one more in on high for offroad. That works well with aired down. This makes it float and eliminates body roll and no need for aftermarket bump stops. It's more money but you asked.:)

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i also have fox 2.5 performance elites DSC extended travel. I max out low speed and keep high speed at 1 click for on road driving. It's stable enough for me to overtake lots of slowbarus, priuses, corollas, and regular tourists/ weekend drivers going up the mountains in twisty canyon roads with controlled body roll while keeping it plushy on road. By no means, this setup/ setting is a canyon monster (i got other vehicles for that) but it does better than stock and definitely better than lots of regular traffic.

For offroad deserty terrains where I go high speed (hence boogie) I crank out the high speed to max. So far haven't touched the bump stop just yet as well (since im the tailgunner i'm only as fast as the slowest member of the group).

If you do go down the Elite path, be sure to grab yourself one of these:
it is a life saver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online