5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox Coilover question

Brando14

Reaction score
Hi, first post here on the forums. I have a 2020 BTS Ram 1500 and i've been looking at doing some form of leveling kit, and ideally id like to be able to run a 35x12.50 on a 18" wheel with -.12 offset. In addition to leveling the truck I wanted to add Fox coil-overs and shocks, which leads to my question, I know the Fox coils allow for 0-2" of adjustment, since my truck has the off-road package suspension now, I already have a 1" lift so if I replaced the factory coil-overs with Fox, even maxed out at the 2" lift id technically only be gaining an inch in the front. So is it possible to run a leveling top mount spacer with the Fox coil-overs so I can achieve a true leveling of my truck? Any help would be appreciated, i'm new to the truck world so lifts and suspensions are not my expertise.

U

User_21361

I'm running Fox 2.5 coilovers (FOX-883-06-166) set at 2" and I am level right now on my Rebel. The model I installed also allows for an additional preload and travel for an extra inch of lift. The issue is that I have to find a way to lift the rear with new springs or a spacer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Brando14

Reaction score
I'm running Fox 2.5 coilovers (FOX-883-06-166) set at 2" and I am level right now on my Rebel. The model I installed also allows for an additional preload and travel for an extra inch of lift. The issue is that I have to find a way to lift the rear with new springs or a spacer.

Yeah what you did would be my idea route to go but dropping $2100 on a set of coilovers is tough for me. That’s why I was looking at the 2.0s that can be had for about $900. Are you running fox shocks on the rear as well? I’ve also thought about running the icon springs in the rear if I wanted more lift from the back, but I think it would only come out to like .5 to 1” taller on Rebels and ORP trucks.

U

User_21361

No lift for me in the rear yet. I'm testing a set of clayton springs that could get me 2" over stock (1 inch over my current height). They are jeep gladiator springs but measure the same as my current rebel springs. If it works out I'll be increasing the preload on my fronts.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Here is the kit I have waiting when my BTS arrives this week. The shop said I will get a 1” additional lift in the front with ORG springs and a 2” additional lift with no ORG springs. I know that only just confirms your original thought. Interested to read other responses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread