5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fox 2.5 dsc

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ok just have a few questions im gonna adjust my height and wanna make sure i do it right

anyone done it ?
my question is on the head part of the spring area do you loosen it till the allen head bolt comes out completely or do you just loosen it till it moves, im complete noob at this
from what it looks like is you take the bolt fully out and then can put it back in thread after ?

flying53brian

Reaction score
Hi, DO NOT REMOVE allen bolt completely, only back it out about 2 or 3 turns then you can turn the collar to adjust height.

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4
Fox 2.5 lift

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thank you thats what i fiqured but now second part why does it not move that freely

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi, DO NOT REMOVE allen bolt completely, only back it out about 2 or 3 turns then you can turn the collar to adjust height.

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4
Fox 2.5 lift
this one side is giving me a issue not turning much

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
seems i found mt issue why this hat was never installed properly and it looks like its not even in the grooves

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 50

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
seems i found mt issue why this hat was never installed properly and it looks like its not even in the grooves
Edit: oops, made a mistake on version. Did you completely take weight off when adjusting?

If you give Fox tech support a phone call tomorrow, they can verify that and what steps you need to take to fix your issue.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Edit: oops, made a mistake on version.

If you give Fox tech support a phone call tomorrow, they can verify that and what steps you need to take to fix your issue.
dammmmmm im a retard then ahh i guess i will take it to a shop to finish it 😂

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Edit: oops, made a mistake on version. Did you completely take weight off when adjusting?

yes i had tire off and truck lifted

flying53brian

Reaction score
I have the fox spanner wrench which is huge and saved me. I also use a punch that I used to make it easier, they are very hard to turn even with the weight off. I have talked to people that used spring compressors from harbor freight thst had better luck using them.

Don't have any other advice to give, good luck

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4
Fox 2.5 lift

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yes i had tire off and truck lifted
I think you saw my original comment where I accidentally talked about the 2.0’s, but compressing the spring would ensure that you don’t mess up the collar. I think you’ll need a new collar at a minimum if it is bent. Hopefully the housing threads aren’t messed up.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the fox spanner wrench which is huge and saved me. I also use a punch that I used to make it easier, they are very hard to turn even with the weight off. I have talked to people that used spring compressors from harbor freight thst had better luck using them.

Don't have any other advice to give, good luck

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4
Fox 2.5 lift
yes i have the spanner and a hole punch but seems i may need compression of spring also
I think you saw my original comment where I accidentally talked about the 2.0’s, but compressing the spring would ensure that you don’t mess up the collar. I think you’ll need a new collar at a minimum if it is bent. Hopefully the housing threads aren’t messed up.
the collar doesnt seem bent it seems like it became un even (possible i loosened allen bolt to much) i wont drive it most likey take it to shop tomorrow and have them work on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/