5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox 2.5 DSC Suspension - A Brief Overview, Procedure, and Review of Proper Suspension Setup

Daverous

Reaction score
plan to wrap the truck. cause or pin stripes lol…… but for suspensions idk whst esle it needs … have new rear control arms by core 4x4…. dobinson hd springs … fox suspension
changed to maxx suspension for front sway bar…. cnt find the clunk sound for **** …
I had two clucks with parts you've mentioned.
My front maxx links kept loosening up at the sway bar side even when torqued to spec. Blue loctite and they've been good 1000 miles or so.
I had an annoying clunk I couldn't find in the rear. It was my core 4x4 sway bar links. Torqed to spec and wasn't enough apprantly. Had to go overboard and it stopped it. I've also heard about their rear control arms needing a good 200 ft/lb to get them settled. Well above the 130 or so I've seen elsewhere.
Dobson uses single rate springs, right? I got a little clang out of my Clayton springs before isolators were installed as well. Maybe worth a look?

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had two clucks with parts you've mentioned.
My front maxx links kept loosening up at the sway bar side even when torqued to spec. Blue loctite and they've been good 1000 miles or so.
I had an annoying clunk I couldn't find in the rear. It was my core 4x4 sway bar links. Torqed to spec and wasn't enough apprantly. Had to go overboard and it stopped it. I've also heard about their rear control arms needing a good 200 ft/lb to get them settled. Well above the 130 or so I've seen elsewhere.
Dobson uses single rate springs, right? I got a little clang out of my Clayton springs before isolators were installed as well. Maybe worth a look?
dam sounds like everything i had some issues with lol …. i guess when i get home i have some parts to play with

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
plan to wrap the truck. cause or pin stripes lol…… but for suspensions idk whst esle it needs … have new rear control arms by core 4x4…. dobinson hd springs … fox suspension
changed to maxx suspension for front sway bar…. cnt find the clunk sound for **** …
seems pretty solid plan! good luck with the clunk lol

Rebel409

Reaction score
hahaha well to be fair this weekend going in to and out of toquerville falls was the first time I wish i got more lift lol

scraped slider and exhaust tip because not enough ground clearance.
I'm considering going with a 4" lift on my rebel instead of the 3" (especially since I would only be setting it at 2.5"). I'm looking for a little more height than that. If you went with the 4" lift, how would you have done it?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm considering going with a 4" lift on my rebel instead of the 3" (especially since I would only be setting it at 2.5"). I'm looking for a little more height than that. If you went with the 4" lift, how would you have done it?
custom king shocks.
the problem with most 4" lifts on the market right now are either utilizing spacers (which is a big no no for me) or just longer or heavier rated springs on coilovers to push it to 4", which sacrifices suspension travel and not at all a real 4" suspension lift.

to achieve 4" lift correctly with adequate travel, not only the suspension package needs to be custom, I'll also need extended UCA, LCA, tie rod, CV axle, and spindle because the geometry will be completely different. At that point, I might as well just make it into a +3 LT kit with fiberglass fenders and bypass shocks and ditch the sway bar. Now at that point, the suspension package will be more than adequate to tackle big whoops and g-outs that even raptors will have to slow down for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/