5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found The Truck I Wanted...…and then

Riley1

Reaction score
I discovered it did not have an anti-slip diff. From the looking I've been doing on this forum sounds like this might not be the wisest thing to omit given I live in Michigan (winter). Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not hard to add an aftermarket one if you really want it. If truck is 4wd, not as needed. And for some a limited slip on ice/snow can be worse if you don't know how to control it

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in OH and drive into MI for work every day. I would prefer to have a LSD, but not having one hasn't been a problem at all really, especially in 4WD. It does tend to spin the inside tire when making a turn from a stop in 2WD when it's wet, but the TC will kick in to take care of that if you don't back off the throttle on your own. Just a minor annoyance. Had a major snowstorm that dumped 8-10" (maybe more) while I was at work. No plows were out yet. 4WD handled it just fine.

Riley1

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the replies. I've looked at so many trucks online my head is spinning. I think I'll give this one a little more consideration.

Oilslick

Reaction score
I work in the mountains of northern Pa. My last truck didn't have the LSD and originally I thought that would be a problem. It really wasn't. Deep snow and ice never was an issue. Although a quality set of studded winter tires works great!!! Consider those. (y)

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread