5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found out the hard way, lol

GWillings

Reaction score
Not all come with an actual spare tire. Yes it was on an 18 and the same size tire. The thing is, it stated TEMPORARY on the sidewall. It is a full size spare, but it is a doghnut full size spare. I ended up buying a used tire local to me as I am lifting my truck in January and putting new tires on at that time. Also bought a new wheel to replace the one that is on the front passenger side as that rock that punctured my sidewall got a little dinged up. So when I get new tires I will be getting 5 and will have a matching spare at that time.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The spare will work just fine...exactly the same diameter as the 22's with the low profile tires just more rubber between you and the road
I have noticed a lot of people seem to equate rim size with tire diameter. Not necessarily this short thread but elsewhere. I just assumed everyone knows you can match multiple sizes to get the same overall diameter, be it 18s with meaty tires or 22s with rubber bands wrapped around them, same difference.

tsbbartholomew1

Reaction score
I have noticed a lot of people seem to equate rim size with tire diameter. Not necessarily this short thread but elsewhere. I just assumed everyone knows you can match multiple sizes to get the same overall diameter, be it 18s with meaty tires or 22s with rubber bands wrapped around them, same difference.

My 18’s came off your truck…how’s things Whiskey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 18’s came off your truck…how’s things Whiskey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doing good! I have a shed coming to sit where those tires were. Trying to move the motorcycles and make room for the wife to fit her car in the garage. The Ram can get a spot in the carport then.

Hope things are good up your way.

Users who are viewing this thread