5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found loose bolt/need help identifying where it came from

B-Rebel

Reaction score
About 10,000 miles ago I installed the dethloff mfg skid plate on my rebel. I was out off-roading this morning and noticed this loose bolt hanging down through one of the slots on the skid plate.

I would imagine it vibrated loose from somewhere and fell onto the skid plate. I got underneath and looked around, only to find that no bolts anywhere look similar.

the stamp on the head of the bolt is different than anything I’ve seen anywhere else on the truck. This is a long shot, but just wanted to see if anyone could identify.
Hopefully it’s nothing important!! D60B1FE1-DF78-42D8-847D-ACA231F16A0C.jpeg 14A8D920-86CB-444C-B43C-7741AFDBCE15.jpeg

CharlieP

Reaction score
It looks like it could be some type of bolt that goes through a mounting bracket but could not tell you where.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is it possible it's not from your truck and you kicked it up while off roading and it landed on you skid plate? The head stamp looks odd and not an OEM bolt

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anything important would be held on by at least two of those bolts. That one must have been the extra one.

;)

Sorry...looks like it may be time to pull off the skid plates.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like a 10x1.25 bolt with a flange head. Usually goes on something that’s a mounting structure. That’s really all I can help with if I’m not in front of the truck.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another idea...

Take it in to your local Ram dealer. Maybe a good tech will recognize it.

ETA: And if one of them does recognize it, a bit of a tip (enough for lunch or a sixpack) certainly wouldn't be a mistake. ;)

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe Ram puts extra nuts and bolts throughout the trucks in case we lose some. Kind of like Lego giving extra pieces in their kits. :D

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
About 10,000 miles ago I installed the dethloff mfg skid plate on my rebel. I was out off-roading this morning and noticed this loose bolt hanging down through one of the slots on the skid plate.

I would imagine it vibrated loose from somewhere and fell onto the skid plate. I got underneath and looked around, only to find that no bolts anywhere look similar.

the stamp on the head of the bolt is different than anything I’ve seen anywhere else on the truck. This is a long shot, but just wanted to see if anyone could identify.
Hopefully it’s nothing important!! View attachment 108915 View attachment 108916
That would be a Semco Fastener product out of Holly, Michigan. Most likely a spare bolt left somewhere on the engine…please send to the estate of Johnny Cash so they can finish that Cadillac he was building - once piece at a time.

I was asked how I know it is Semco. I know because of the marking on the head of the bolt. You can find it and hundreds of other bolts here: https://quicksearch.dla.mil/Transient/92F544EAC40E4AD78CC4903A8580FF0C.pdf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online