5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found Amp and Sub. Worth the swap?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a '21 Rebel with UConnect 12, so it has the Harmon Kardon 19 speaker system. I haven't replaced audio components in the past, but noticed a huge sound difference on my son's Mustang when we replaced only the factory 4 speakers with new Pioneer speakers. With that, I've been thinking about replacing some of the speakers in the Rebel, but haven't yet.

I was going through a box of parts that was in the trunk of a Mustang that we sold and in the box was a JL Audio 10" sub in a Basswork enclosure and a JL Audio XD600/1 amp. I see a newer version (XD600/1v2) is being sold today, but this amp works, as does the sub.

Is it worth putting this amp or the sub in the Rebel? How does it compare to the factory sub? Is this amp similar to the factory amp, or does it support only the sub? I am not up on audio installs, so please let me know if this is worth swapping to. Thanks for any help.

bamaman35

Reaction score
most people hate the sub in the HK system. I'm working on putting a 12" in my 2021 and expect it to make a huge difference. Do you research on the conversion from your factory system to an amp. I am adding an interface to convert the signal. Will post when I finish the project but many threads out there about this. PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 Aftermarket Amplifier Interface

Users who are viewing this thread