5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found a truck that is 90% of what I want...about to pull the trigger

Skidowntown

Reaction score
Sport, Laramie 2, ORG, etc.

I'd rather have a different color, but it's still a great one.

Biggest thing is it has the Air Suspension...and I'm only concerned about reliability on it. I know I'll be fine thru the warranty, but should I be concerned?

Also, stupid question...assuming it doesn't need a leveling kit/spacers w/Air Suspension? Finally, I'm considering adding the Rebel wheels to the Sport Pkg... Anyone done that yet?

Thank you!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sport, Laramie 2, ORG, etc.

What color is it? What color were you wanting?
Biggest thing is it has the Air Suspension...and I'm only concerned about reliability on it. I know I'll be fine thru the warranty, but should I be concerned?
You'll be fine with air suspension. Read about issues with the 4th gen system, but I read they have upgraded the system for the 5th gens. I wouldn't worry about it.
Also, stupid question...assuming it doesn't need a leveling kit/spacers w/Air Suspension?
It will still have a "rake" to it. It's actually a lot easier to level with the air suspension. Just need to add adjustable links.
Finally, I'm considering adding the Rebel wheels to the Sport Pkg... Anyone done that yet?
Thank you!
I like the Rebel wheels, especially the all black version. I'd trade my 20's for them in a heartbeat. My dealer was willing to trade for 18 inch wheels, but not Rebel wheels. I don't like the other 18 inch options so I stuck with the 20's that came with the ORG on my Laramie. But I'd recommend adding them if you like the Rebel wheels.

U

User_3336

Dealer gave 18 inch tires and wheels off a 2020 Rebel, and put on a Tradesman.

Wheels and tires were shot it had been on the lot for a year. they didn't have any other 18 inchers in stock.

Brother wasn't gonna buy it it rode so bad with vibrations. Dealer wanted truck gone.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What color is it? What color were you wanting?

Agreed, what colors are we talking about here exactly?

Also, stupid question...assuming it doesn't need a leveling kit/spacers w/Air Suspension?
You'll be fine with air suspension. Read about issues with the 4th gen system, but I read they have upgraded the system for the 5th gens. I wouldn't worry about it.
It will still have a "rake" to it. It's actually a lot easier to level with the air suspension. Just need to add adjustable links.

As with any option, the more you have on a vehicle, the more chances of issues. You can find many reported here on the forum. However, I'd say you're fine, I agree with Mike here. I went with the air as well.
If you want the easiest leveling, adjustable links, as Mike said.

Finally, I'm considering adding the Rebel wheels to the Sport Pkg... Anyone done that yet?
I like the Rebel wheels, especially the all black version. I'd trade my 20's for them in a heartbeat. My dealer was willing to trade for 18 inch wheels, but not Rebel wheels. I don't like the other 18 inch options so I stuck with the 20's that came with the ORG on my Laramie. But I'd recommend adding them if you like the Rebel wheels.

Very easily done. Some tire shops may hesitate when you go to add the 18" wheels, as there is barely enough clearance around the brakes, but it works fine. My Limited came with 22" wheels, and I sold them. I currently have 18" Rebel wheels.
18" aftermarket rims (non-OEM Mopar) are a different story. Many will not clear.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I have a max steel rebel and it's an awesome color. Looks anywhere from jet black to a deep blue with tons of sparkle depending on the light. Highly suggest an immediate light paint correction (yes on a brand new truck) and ceramic coat. I like Sonax or Adams for DIY. Truck always looks perfect with a quick wash and dry.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
4378d9ecfad9aaa53a179af9f9d99c3e.jpg
5a1d6c7bf9c56b249e70d366d9948ae1.jpg

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not the sport package but assign them rebel wheels is a pretty common theme around here. It definitely dresses up the truck much nicer in my
opinion. Much More truck like.

d750979c7e5838f55eae7e1ad4333408.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skidowntown

Reaction score
I have a max steel rebel and it's an awesome color. Looks anywhere from jet black to a deep blue with tons of sparkle depending on the light. Highly suggest an immediate light paint correction (yes on a brand new truck) and ceramic coat. I like Sonax or Adams for DIY. Truck always looks perfect with a quick wash and dry.

I really like the Rebel...maybe more from a looks standpoint, and I like the big "RAM" badge on the back. However, I really like the reclining seats...if the Rebel had them, I'd already have it.

by the way, this truck has the 5.21. Wondering if I'll not like that...maybe better for daily driver, but not towing?

Skidowntown

Reaction score

Never heard of a Light paint correction.

Users who are viewing this thread