5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found a great deal on OEM Built To Serve Rims

MrMoose

Reaction score
What size tire do you guys run on your BTS wheels, stock suspension? Slowly improving my ā€˜22 1500 Bighorn 4x4 Crew, Off-Road Group so, +1ā€ from factory. Truck has 7,000 miles so far. 3.21 axle. 20x9ā€ Built-To-Serve wheels 275/55R20 tires were a great upgrade. Cost was $750 for wheels and tires minus $500 trade in for my brand new stock 18ā€™s and tires. Couldnā€™t resist. On my Granite Crystal truck, Tech Gray wheels look almost color matched - maybe a shade lighter? Husky splash guards. Living in Florida, we ride on the beach frequently, so going with a little wider and taller tire would theoretically help. Existing tires are 31.93ā€ x 11.14ā€. Wonder what size will fit & clear without suspension mods. If I canā€™t go larger without headaches, will probably just keep rolling on stock Falken Wildpeak tires - although I need to flip white letters inside ;) I suppose a tire better suited for sand might be an upgrade even if it is the same size - but, thatā€™s a topic for another thread. I assume dealer reprogram speedo revolutions/mile within limits? Thanks for any experience / advice you can shareā€¦
IMG_8815.jpeg
IMG_8814.jpeg

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went one size up, to 275/60R20. Fills up the wells a bit more nicely. No rubbing issues at all, in fact this is the tire size the 5th gen should have been fitted with OEM, like the 4th gens. 55ā€˜ is too small but I suspect they went with that for better fuel #s

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What size tire do you guys run on your BTS wheels, stock suspension? Slowly improving my ā€˜22 1500 Bighorn 4x4 Crew, Off-Road Group so, +1ā€ from factory. Truck has 7,000 miles so far. 3.21 axle. 20x9ā€ Built-To-Serve wheels 275/55R20 tires were a great upgrade. Cost was $750 for wheels and tires minus $500 trade in for my brand new stock 18ā€™s and tires. Couldnā€™t resist. On my Granite Crystal truck, Tech Gray wheels look almost color matched - maybe a shade lighter? Husky splash guards. Living in Florida, we ride on the beach frequently, so going with a little wider and taller tire would theoretically help. Existing tires are 31.93ā€ x 11.14ā€. Wonder what size will fit & clear without suspension mods. If I canā€™t go larger without headaches, will probably just keep rolling on stock Falken Wildpeak tires - although I need to flip white letters inside ;) I suppose a tire better suited for sand might be an upgrade even if it is the same size - but, thatā€™s a topic for another thread. I assume dealer reprogram speedo revolutions/mile within limits? Thanks for any experience / advice you can shareā€¦
View attachment 157612
View attachment 157613
If you want a little wider, but still fit with no lift, a 285/60/20 would be a good choice

jmbennington

Reaction score
View attachment 157612
View attachment 157613

Mine came with the tires, Same size as my factory ones. 275/55/20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
I have a hydro blue BTS. I like the wheels. Yesterday I swapped out the chrome center caps for OEM Black and my black lug nuts come tomorrow. Makes the wheels look much better. Iā€™ll post pics tomorrow.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a hydro blue BTS. I like the wheels. Yesterday I swapped out the chrome center caps for OEM Black and my black lug nuts come tomorrow. Makes the wheels look much better. Iā€™ll post pics tomorrow.
Now buy some Stealth Gray Hyperdip from Dipyourcsr.com to color match the center caps. I feel the black center caps look just as out of place as the chrome ones. PXL_20220925_174144960.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is that the exact color match for these wheels?
Not 100% exact, but close enough most people will never noticed it, unless they are looking right at it. And if you don't like it, you can peel it off

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Damn I wish I saw this before I paid $50 for black ones. Oh well, I like the black.

Hadit55

Reaction score
love them! Totally changed the look. Also replaced the cloth interior with the Built to Serve seat covers. Found them on eBay and they were from a patriot blue BTS edition so the color matches. View attachment 151686 View attachment 151687

View attachment 151682 View attachment 151683 View attachment 151684

love them! Totally changed the look. Also replaced the cloth interior with the Built to Serve seat covers. Found them on eBay and they were from a patriot blue BTS edition so the color matches. View attachment 151686 View attachment 151687

View attachment 151682 View attachment 151683 View attachment 151684
This Truck looks amazing. May I ask if you have any leveling or lift on it?

AshRisenRogue

Reaction score
View attachment 157612
View attachment 157613
Like the look of that.. where did you get your center caps and lug nuts from?

JayzRam

Reaction score
Love the BTS wheels. They don't look as good on some of the colors but look great in the Navy colors of Patriot Blue and Ceramic Gray. Had one person who thought I actually had mine custom coated to match my truck. I wouldn't want to sell mine for any other wheels. View attachment 154246
Nice Looking Rig!
I have almost the same but Spitfire Red. In the process of installing the Bilsteins, did you use the Stock UCA or did you need to upgrade those?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice Looking Rig!
I have almost the same but Spitfire Red. In the process of installing the Bilsteins, did you use the Stock UCA or did you need to upgrade those?
I started with the stock UCAs. Then I found a set of the Zone Off-road UCAs BNIB locally for a great deal, so out those on, but they weren't needed.

Matt057

Reaction score
View attachment 157612
View attachment 157613
I believe those are 31.91x10.83

Matt057

Reaction score
If you want a little wider, but still fit with no lift, a 285/60/20 would be a good choice
Is that a known fit with stock suspension or a theory? I'd like to go that route if there's no rub.

Users who are viewing this thread