5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found a 2020 Limited without eTorque

mbarnes536

Reaction score
Found a 2020 limited with black appearance package today without eTorque. I thought eTorque was the only 5.7 option? Is this a one off or something common the dealerships can order?

Attachments

• 2019-12-27 20_21_08-MONRONEY.png
    2019-12-27 20_21_08-MONRONEY.png
    799 KB · Views: 105

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Found a 2020 limited with black appearance package today without eTorque. I thought eTorque was the only 5.7 option? Is this a one off or something common the dealerships can order?

That’s a good looking truck. Black appearance package, 3.92 gears and the level 1 package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best bet is to check with a dealer and see if they are able to order it. On the 19s, there came a point where eTorque was required to get the build accepted.

mbarnes536

Reaction score
My dad is the one thinking about it. He would rather have the non-etorque. The sales person looked into it and didn't have an explanation for it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Interesting that you found one without etorque. My dealer said you can't get a 2020 Limited without it. But it looks like they were wrong about that after seeing the window sticker you posted. That would have been good to know before I bought my truck LOL

dumbo62

Reaction score
Interesting that you found one without etorque. My dealer said you can't get a 2020 Limited without it. But it looks like they were wrong about that after seeing the window sticker you posted. That would have been good to know before I bought my truck LOL
I think the Black Appearance Package looks really cool but $4000??

Stickerhead

Reaction score
That is why I did not order my Limited 2020. Only could get e-torque. Opted for a 19 I found out of state

airgas1998

Reaction score
perhaps a unicorn then...because according to fca all 2020 LIMITED'S are with e-torque...perhaps an error on the monroney??

mbarnes536

Reaction score
perhaps a unicorn then...because according to fca all 2020 LIMITED'S are with e-torque...perhaps an error on the monroney??

Kind of what I was thinking. but I looked under the hood and there was no eTorque. However he would rather NOT have the eTorque.
If he gets it I will be sure to post some pictures.

Stickerhead

Reaction score
I was told that FCA added and subtracted things at the 1st of every month. Different packages/options. I know when I bought my 18 Jeep JLUR, you had 3.6 and 2.0 turbo. Later on, you could only order it with a 2.0 turbo. Think they had a bunch on the lot because of it being e-torque and the 48v battery. I wanted a long bed so it was kinda a unicorn in a Limited. I wanted off road package but did not find one at the time

Last edited:

tloon

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Laramie on the lot without E-Torque, two weeks ago.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have since changed my mind on ET, Id be willing to have it after reading lots of threads. Yes theres a slight chance of issues (as some threads have shown) but overall I think its ok. I also thought thats all you could get on a 20’.
However I’d still have preferred to have gotten the credit for 20” wheels with a taller profile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stickerhead

Reaction score
The e-torque only was on Limited and Laramie Longhorn. All other you could get an non e-torque. This was the first of August

Users who are viewing this thread