5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forward Collision Warring Not Working

scott buxton

Reaction score
Just bought Ram 2500 Tradesman 4x4 6.4 Hemi, the FCW does not work at all under any of the modes the owners manual says on the far setting more cautious drivers that do not mind frequent warnings may prefer this setting, no matter how fast I approach another vehicle it shows nothing, watched the youtube video published on Aug 30 2018 by Heather Scott Project Chief FCA North America (2019 Ram 1500 Forward Collision Warning System) it's clearly depicted that it should give you progressive warnings, took to dealer and after two hours was told it only engages when impending collision exists and do not try and duplicate the concern, thinking about writing a letter to FCA, not sure what our next step should be ? thanks for any help.

Moparmad74

Reaction score
Just bought Ram 2500 Tradesman 4x4 6.4 Hemi, the FCW does not work at all under any of the modes the owners manual says on the far setting more cautious drivers that do not mind frequent warnings may prefer this setting, no matter how fast I approach another vehicle it shows nothing, watched the youtube video published on Aug 30 2018 by Heather Scott Project Chief FCA North America (2019 Ram 1500 Forward Collision Warning System) it's clearly depicted that it should give you progressive warnings, took to dealer and after two hours was told it only engages when impending collision exists and do not try and duplicate the concern, thinking about writing a letter to FCA, not sure what our next step should be ? thanks for any help.

I get the warning once in a while when pulling into the center turn lane with oncoming traffic blasting by at 45-55 and have had the warning a couple times while pulling up pretty fast to a stop light, no impending collision just yellow light taking the car in front by surprise and stopping pretty fast.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know mine work for sure because one time the car in front of me did a hard stop to turn right into parking lot and the car gave me warning and didn't respond quick enough so it brake itself for me.

Danek

Reaction score
Everyone, please don't get the Forward Park Assist or the Rear Park Assist and the Forward and Rear Cross Path detection systems confused with the Forward Collision Warning system.

Users who are viewing this thread