5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forward Braking

Pdiddy919

Reaction score
Question, do you need to get the Advanced Safety Group for the ability for the truck to brake on its own while going forward? I know it includes full speed forward collision warning. Will the regular parksense trigger braking going forward?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe it’s only available in the Advanced Safety Group. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but the forward collision warning (with adaptive braking) utilizes various sensors that are located up near the rear view mirror. I believe the parksense is it’s own separate system (with the exception of rear parksense stop).

Pdiddy919

Reaction score
I believe it’s only available in the Advanced Safety Group. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but the forward collision warning (with adaptive braking) utilizes various sensors that are located up near the rear view mirror. I believe the parksense is it’s own separate system (with the exception of rear parksense stop).
Awesome thank you!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yup, Parksense only brakes going in reverse below a certain speed. Going forward it only warns, does not brake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/