5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Taco

FormerTaco

Reaction score
Hey RAM peeps,
New to the forums, just saying hi. Traded in my Tacoma for a 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie about a month ago. Love it so far. Quite the upgrade.

The old Taco was a 2015 access cab 4x4, with a leveling kit, 17" wheels with TOYO open countries. I only had it for 3 years... then I realized I wanted something a lot nicer to ride in (and something the wife wouldn't mind riding in... that Taco was small and rough to sit in for long). Did a lot of research, but was leaning on a RAM the whole time for the exact reason that every review said they rode the nicest. Test drove some and asked around... ended up finding a great deal on a 2020.

I actually found the deal while sitting around waiting for my wife to get out of a kind-of-emergency surgery to have her gallbladder removed. During post-op she was pretty groggy, and the nurse said she would be for a while... and to not make any big financial decisions for the next 24 hours (I think she was joking, like that's just something funny she says to couples after surgery). But here I was, my wife was fine, and I was excited to tell her about the deal, and get her blessing to go buy it. What horrible timing.

Anyway, I waited a day and asked her, then went and got it. And I absolutely love it. Definitely happy I got the Laramie for the passenger seat controls AND the ventilated front seats (black truck + Texas summers = necessary).

2020 1500 Laramie - Black - Sport package, Level 1, 3.92 axle, 5.7 eTorque.

Love the sport package, get a lotta comments on the hood.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey RAM peeps,
New to the forums, just saying hi. Traded in my Tacoma for a 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie about a month ago. Love it so far. Quite the upgrade.

The old Taco was a 2015 access cab 4x4, with a leveling kit, 17" wheels with TOYO open countries. I only had it for 3 years... then I realized I wanted something a lot nicer to ride in (and something the wife wouldn't mind riding in... that Taco was small and rough to sit in for long). Did a lot of research, but was leaning on a RAM the whole time for the exact reason that every review said they rode the nicest. Test drove some and asked around... ended up finding a great deal on a 2020.

I actually found the deal while sitting around waiting for my wife to get out of a kind-of-emergency surgery to have her gallbladder removed. During post-op she was pretty groggy, and the nurse said she would be for a while... and to not make any big financial decisions for the next 24 hours (I think she was joking, like that's just something funny she says to couples after surgery). But here I was, my wife was fine, and I was excited to tell her about the deal, and get her blessing to go buy it. What horrible timing.

Anyway, I waited a day and asked her, then went and got it. And I absolutely love it. Definitely happy I got the Laramie for the passenger seat controls AND the ventilated front seats (black truck + Texas summers = necessary).

2020 1500 Laramie - Black - Sport package, Level 1, 3.92 axle, 5.7 eTorque.

Love the sport package, get a lotta comments on the hood.
Congrats. I came from a Tacoma as well - big upgrade.

To be honest, I'm a little surprised you lived to tell this tale. If I had gone truck shopping while my wife was in surgery, it would not have gone well for me when I told her where I was.

Dustin_Tarditi

Reaction score
Welcome - you'll likely find a difference in what each truck does well, as well as a difference in the owner communities.

mresseguie

Reaction score
Congratulations on your upgrade!

Similar to you and Eighty above, I upgraded from an '07 Taco Prerunner and now own a '24 RAM 1500 Limited - and what an upgrade it is!

RAM.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread