5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Chevy Guy

MJB

Reaction score
I've never owned anything other than a Chevy. Started with an S-10 in the 90s and followed with a couple Silverados. Good, reliable vehicles.

It was time for a new truck and I did plenty of research. I test drove the new Silverado which was my odds on favorite given my previously mentioned brand loyalty. Nice truck. Gave the F-150 a test drive about 2 weeks ago. Also nice.

Visited the Ram dealership this morning. Absolutely blown away.

I now have a new Rebel in my garage.

Nice forum you have here. I'll poke around a bit.

S

Smashy71

I've never owned anything other than a Chevy. Started with an S-10 in the 90s and followed with a couple Silverados. Good, reliable vehicles.

It was time for a new truck and I did plenty of research. I test drove the new Silverado which was my odds on favorite given my previously mentioned brand loyalty. Nice truck. Gave the F-150 a test drive about 2 weeks ago. Also nice.

I drove them both too and it wasn’t even close in my opinion. Congo rats on the rebel.

Reactions: MJB

Nate4x4

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the RAM-ily. Thanks for being a part of the community!

kevinssaco

Reaction score

I was a loyal Chevy guy too! Well a couple of Toyotas in there we won't talk about, but for the most part GM has coursed through my veins since the mid eighties! Loved Buick back in the day! So this is my very 1st Ram/Dodge product and I have been blown away as well. Lets just start with the stock power! The 5.7L HEMI is a force to be reckoned with! So much more power and sound than my 5.3L 2015 Silverado! There is just no comparison! Next is the sound, stock duel exhaust with throaty sound, hello!! Then the icing on the cake for me was a King Cab 1/2 ton with a 6'4" bed! You have to go to a 3/4 ton for that in Chevy or at least I never heard of one on the lot. I just got the Bighorn with towing, enough for me for now since I'm leasing and maybe next time get leather or sporty like a Rebel! Congrats on being brave enough like me to just try the competition! I tried a Ford as well, an excellent truck! Lots of power with the turbo but a bit of a harsh ride on back roads. And I'm still gunshy with turbos and towing and longevity etc. Anyway congrats and welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread