5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Form to cancel both Century warranty and Mopar Maintenance plan

Cr250Ram

Reaction score
Does anyone have the forms that need to be filled out to cancel both the Extended Century warranty and the Mopar pre paid maintenance plans? We emailed and called our dealer where we bought the truck and the guy who financed/closed our deal said he would email them to us but we haven’t gotten them. I bought the truck just a few days ago. Idk why I agreed to them, we HAVE ALWAYS turned such things down...

Cr250Ram

Reaction score
Any advice on how to cancel is welcome. We live in California so we can legally get 100% refund if cancelled within 60 days.

R

Rob5589

I would guess there would be something in the paperwork from both, maybe on the back of the docs?

Griff

Reaction score
You will just have to bug the crap out of the dealer or the finance guy at the dealership. They won't make it easy because they are losing a lot of extra money when you cancel. From my experience, it takes a while to cancel but you will get your money back.

Cr250Ram

Reaction score
You will just have to bug the crap out of the dealer or the finance guy at the dealership. They won't make it easy because they are losing a lot of extra money when you cancel. From my experience, it takes a while to cancel but you will get your money back.

Did the dealer have a specific form for you to fill out?

I am tempted to send in a signed letter that is notarized and by certified mail demanding the cancelation of both.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I am tempted to send in a signed letter that is notarized and by certified mail demanding the cancelation of both.
This is the easy way to do it and also cc: the parent companies. That way you have some proof to show you renounced the warranties within whatever 100% refund cancellation period you have. But I suspect in the fine print of your contract you signed (or according to your state law) there may be procedure you have to follow to cancel it.

shaveman

Reaction score
Does anyone have the forms that need to be filled out to cancel both the Extended Century warranty and the Mopar pre paid maintenance plans? We emailed and called our dealer where we bought the truck and the guy who financed/closed our deal said he would email them to us but we haven’t gotten them. I bought the truck just a few days ago. Idk why I agreed to them, we HAVE ALWAYS turned such things down...
The short answer is you can follow the instructions at this link and cancel any Mopar Vehicle Protection warranty or maintenance plans yourself without involving the dealer (you may have to click the "How to cancel your plan" link at the left side of the page"):
https://www.mopar.com/ramtrucks/en-us/care/mopar-vehicle-protection/plan-details.html#cancel
NOTE: you may need to be logged in to your mopar online account for the link to work
EDIT: Sorry I just re-read that one of the plans is not through Mopar. So this link and instructions below are only applicable your prepaid maintenance plan.

Last edited:

shaveman

Reaction score
Any advice on how to cancel is welcome. We live in California so we can legally get 100% refund if cancelled within 60 days.
You will need to send in a letter to Mopar Vehicle Protection requesting the cancellation. You will also need to send evidence of your odometer reading (photo). If you rolled the plan into your financing, I believe their policy is to send the refund to the lien holder. I ran into problems because I had financed with Chrysler Capital originally, then refinanced with USAA, then cancelled my protection plans. In this case I needed to send in proof of lien holder release, but I did not realize that. So they sent my refund to Chrysler Capital, and it took an extra 6 weeks or so for them to turn the money around to me in the form of a check. I went through many hours of hassle on the phone with both MVP and Chrysler Capital.

So my words of advice, first call MVP and tell them you wish to cancel by letter (if they try to get you to work with the dealership, tell them your schedule has not allowed you to connect with them and you prefer to take care of this directly). I have found the initial call support people at MVP to be very helpful! Ask them to list everything you need to send in to get it canceled (this is essential to get right the first time, or you will lose more weeks). And if you rolled the purchase into your loan, get an understanding of whether the refund will be issued to you or the lien holder.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions along the way. Good luck!

Rick J

Reaction score
The way I did it was to return to the dealer and have the finance person fill out the forms. It was painless. I financed 20K of my truck (to get the rebate, I paid it off after the 2nd payment). Because I had financed some of the balance they sent the refund check to the finance company. The dealer sent the check 3 days after I cancelled. Mine was a non mopar agreement, that's why I cancelled it.

Griff

Reaction score

No specific form in my case. Just lots of emails and calls to the finance guy.

The certified letter wouldn't be a bad idea.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Sheesh. What a hassle. Curious how it turns out for you. Keeps us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread