5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford's Answer to the TRX.....

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I was at a friend's exotic car dealership yesterday and they had a GT500 that they were flipping and I decided to take it out for a drive. I don't think I've ever been more unimpressed by a sports car, other than it sounding good it is by all measures a bloated pig to drive. Not sure where the 700+ hp is but it felt relatively slow and super sluggish, even in its sportiest driving mode you could rev the throttle a quarter of the way down in D without the car moving forward. It was absolutely awful ... why these things are selling over sticker is beyond me. And this is coming from a fan of high displacement low raving American V8s ... one of my favorite cars I've owned was the 15 Z/28. If must have Ford buy a slightly used GT350R and have ten times the fun at half the price.

Anyway, I'm sure the Raptor will sell great with that engine in it but based on numbers on paper only, because that engine is plss poor for what it's supposed to be, at lest the way it is delivered in the GT500.

It's probably got "torque management" (preventing you from having all 700hp off idle, to prevent you from roasting the tires.)

Not 100% sure but I think the GT500 limits power/TQ for a certain break-in period?

And it definitely needs to lose weight but that is not going to happen anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread