5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford to Eliminate Park Assist Feature - Will Stellantis follow?

n8zcc

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2024 limited and was wondering how well this worked.

Couple of questions:
I know it will give you an audiable alert, but did it brake for you automatically? (not talking about CC, just in town driving scenario etc)
If so, was your foot still on the accelerator? Just curious if the situation was dire, if the system would engage regardless of your interaction.
An event that is capable of causing a frontal crash avoidance happens so fast that you can't recall the events with accuracy. All I remember was I was driving, with throttle input, at about 40 MPH when a vehicle pulled out in front of me from a driveway on a four-lane road. He wanted to turn left so he stopped blocking both lanes (he was perpendicular to my lane), I was in the left lane. I saw him pull out but never expected him to stop in my travel lane. By the time I realized he stopped, collision avoidance had kicked in. It kicked in before my wife had time to yell out. He was about 60 feet in front of me when he decided to stop.

Yes, besides the red warning on the dash and HUD, the system goes full braking because I recall hearing ABS pulsing. I have to assume it would also pull any throttle input.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's been on 3-4 of my last vehicles.. other than to 'try it out' on the first one, I don't recall ever using it again. Won't miss it.. but it's one more thing they'll take away and not lower the price.

akaTheDude

Reaction score
An event that is capable of causing a frontal crash avoidance happens so fast that you can't recall the events with accuracy. All I remember was I was driving, with throttle input, at about 40 MPH when a vehicle pulled out in front of me from a driveway on a four-lane road. He wanted to turn left so he stopped blocking both lanes (he was perpendicular to my lane), I was in the left lane. I saw him pull out but never expected him to stop in my travel lane. By the time I realized he stopped, collision avoidance had kicked in. It kicked in before my wife had time to yell out. He was about 60 feet in front of me when he decided to stop.

Yes, besides the red warning on the dash and HUD, the system goes full braking because I recall hearing ABS pulsing. I have to assume it would also pull any throttle input.
Thank you sir! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Glad it worked and you and your wife are safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online