5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford F-150 Offers On-Board Scales????

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
"approximate payload" :LOL:

I suspect it's nothing more than a ride height sensor.

I wonder if this data is fed into other computers, like the ABS? Or maybe into the airbag module? Get in an accident bad enough to blow the bags and they can check to see how fast you were going, were you braking, were the wheels turned, and what's this? -800 lbs available payload? You were overloaded!

DavidNJ

Reaction score
Question: Does the OBD II report the pressure in each of the air springs when that feature is ordered? If so, it should be able to calculate individual wheel loads. That is even more useful, because it would tell if you need to reposition the load to balance the truck front-to-back or side-to-side.

Their hitch calculation is based on the 10% number baked into the tag-along trailer industry. However, my research last year showed no scientific basis for it and it is not the rule in Europe. I imagine for most applications 5%-6% after adjustment of a weight distributing hitch should be about right (and not screw with payload limits), but nearly all trailers have the tongue length and wheel position to achieve 10% before WDH (I'm guessing that is about 8% after WDH adjustment).

The magnetic adjusting shocks would be a nice feature, especially in conjunction with the air springs.

Users who are viewing this thread