5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those that want to add the factory trailer brake controller...

Raydar

Reaction score
Finally installed my controller (and springs and wheel well liners) last weekend. Still trying to make up my mind about the Alpha OBD. Anyone else?

Max260z

Reaction score
I purchased the Security Gateway bypass ($50) and the AlphaOBD software ($50). I was successful in adding the brake controller with this method. However, in general, AlphaOBD is not updated to 2019 RAM, therefore it has many settings that do not work\should not be used. However, I followed 2018 RAM instructions on my 2019, and it worked perfectly. I plug in my trailer, it detects the trailer, has the instrument panel display for the trailer brake, and the radio settings allow me to set the trailer name, type, etc. My dealer wanted $130 to program the trailer brake controller, so I saved $30 and I now have the AlphaOBD to use for future mods.

Who will be #2 to try it, so we can say with certainty it works on 2019 RAM for the trailer brake controller.
I tried this morning and nothing is showing up on my display about trailer brakes. I took my trailer out and the brakes work though. Not sure if what I did turned them on but not showing it on display. Am I missing something? I used alfaodb with the obdlinkmx+

Magredvet

Reaction score
I programmed it no problem with the alphaobd. Check out the thread dedicated to programming by brotharon. I followed his steps, and it worked. The brake controller showed up instantly, but for some reason, it took two days for the trailer info to be displayed in the center stack. I used the 2018 ram settings. You did use a bypass module, right?

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
So am I missing something here? These parts are available on all kinds of websites. How is it that dealers can't get them until "November"? Had 2 dealers tell me this. I'm planning on ordering from MoparPartsGiant for $120.

RAM/Cudaowner

Reaction score
Just placed my order through WholesaleMopar.com. It came to $126.55 shipped. I checked a few other sites and this was the cheapest shipping quote ($13.78) to get the parts to me in Iowa. Will get everything installed as soon as I receive it. I have to take the truck in for a few issues anyway so I will just have them program it when I do that.
I Just bought all of that stuff for 123.20 Shipped to Texas from Florida.

Factory Chrysler Parts
1425 W Main St, Bartow, FL 33830
937-98-JEEPS
[email protected]
I still need to recieve it,install it,and Try to get My Dealer to program it,OR ...Get the stuff to program it.
Could use the help to get exactly what I Need for the programming Part.
I know I need a Gateway Module Bypass Tool,And a Programmer.

UPDATE!!!!
DO NOT BUY YOUR PARTS FROM THIS SUPPLIER!
THEY ARE UNDERSTAFFED,AND WILL NOT REPLY TO YOU EMAILS OR CALLS!
USE THIS SUPPLIER INSTEAD!!

[email protected]
Mon 5/25/2020 7:47 AM



To:
  • You

This message from Chrysler Jeep Dodge City of McKinney

THE TEXAS SUPPLIER WAS A WAAAY BETTER EXPEREINCE!

Last edited:

Cableline01

Reaction score
Here is a cheaper price and the list of part numbers I have installed in my truck and everything works great. I hope this helps to condense all the info.

The items in your Order are:
QuantityProductStock NumberPrice EA
3SCREW. Tapping, Tapping Hex Head. M4.2X1.70X20.00. A/C Control Attachment, A/C Control Mounting, Center, Console To I/P, Driver Side, Front, Front Door Speaker, Instrument Cluster, Instrument Panel Speaker, Left, Mounting, Radio Bracket, Rear, Right, Right or Left, Used for: Right and Left.06101946
$0.51​
3NUT.06510468AA
$0.57​
1SWITCH. Instrument Panel.68309259AC
$28.44​
1MODULE. Trailer Tow.68277136AF
$81.23​
1BRACKET. Module.68346572AB
$1.31​
* Items marked are not eligible for discounted pricing, but do contribute to reaching the discount thresholds

Your order summary:
5 products , 9 items
$ 114.22​
Est. Shipping & Handling to 32099
$ 11.75​
Total
$ 125.97​

Here are the items you need to change in Alphaobd.

Trailer Brake Controller:

Trailer select csm

Select “yes”

Trailer name csm

Select “yes”

Trailer type csm

Select “yes”

P/T chassis net-ITBM/HWM integrated trailer brake module

Select “enable”

Everyting has been tests and works 100%

RAM/Cudaowner

Reaction score
Here is a cheaper price and the list of part numbers I have installed in my truck and everything works great. I hope this helps to condense all the info.

3SCREW. Tapping, Tapping Hex Head. M4.2X1.70X20.00. A/C Control Attachment, A/C Control Mounting, Center, Console To I/P, Driver Side, Front, Front Door Speaker, Instrument Cluster, Instrument Panel Speaker, Left, Mounting, Radio Bracket, Rear, Right, Right or Left, Used for: Right and Left.06101946
$0.51​
3NUT.06510468AA
$0.57​
$28.44​
$81.23​
$1.31​
* Items marked are not eligible for discounted pricing, but do contribute to reaching the discount thresholds

Your order summary:
5 products , 9 items
$ 114.22​
$ 11.75​
Total
$ 125.97​

Trailer select csm

Select “yes”

Trailer name csm

Select “yes”

Trailer type csm

Select “yes”

Select “enable”

These people REFUSED to reply to my emails and Phone Messages, ...When All I was trying to find out was an Estimated Delivery Date.
On the Third Week,I gave them the ultimatum to reply,or I was going to get paypal involved.
I got a ****ty email,and they cancelled my order.
THEN.......after I ordered my stuff from McKinny Dodge...The Guy called me with a Non Apology...and I am Guessing he only did that at this time Because I had sent the Owner All Of Mt Email Correspondence....Which ..even on the last day of demanding an answer,,,was not that bad.
I WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THOSE PEOPLE JUST TO SAVE MY AGGRAVATION LEVEL!!!

RAM/Cudaowner

Reaction score
These people REFUSED to reply to my emails and Phone Messages, ...When All I was trying to find out was an Estimated Delivery Date.
On the Third Week,I gave them the ultimatum to reply,or I was going to get paypal involved.
THEN.......after I ordered my stuff from McKinny Dodge...The Guy called me with a Non Apology...and I am Guessing he only did that at this time Because I had sent the Owner All Of Mt Email Correspondence....Which ..even on the last day of demanding an answer,,,was not that bad.
I WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THOSE PEOPLE JUST TO SAVE MY AGGRAVATION LEVEL!!!
I Gladly paid 4 dollars more, and got my parts right away!!!

RAM/Cudaowner

Reaction score
Actually...Mine was less Than 4 Dollars more,,,,,

Order Contents:
P/N​
Quantity​
Price EA​
Description​
06101946​
$ 0.50​
SCREW. Tapping, Tapping Hex Head. M4.2X1.70X20.00. A/C Control Attachment, A/C Control Mounting, Center, Console To I/P, Driver Side, Front, Front Door Speaker, Instrument Cluster, Instrument Panel
06510468AA​
$ 0.55​
NUT.
68346572AB​
$ 1.27​
BRACKET. Module.
[Instrument Panel Parts Module], [Trailer Brake Control].
68277136AF​
$ 76.95​
MODULE. TRAILER TOW.
68309259AC​
$ 27.20​
SWITCH. INSTRUMENT PANEL.

Order Summary:
5 products , 9 items​
$ 108.57​
Shipping & Handling to 78154​
$ 10.01​
Tax​
$ 8.96​
Total​
$ 127.54​

RAM/Cudaowner

Reaction score

$0.51​
3NUT.06510468AA
$0.57​
$28.44​
$81.23​
$1.31​

Your order summary:
5 products , 9 items
$ 114.22​
$ 11.75​
Total
$ 125.97​

Trailer select csm

Select “yes”

Trailer name csm

Select “yes”

Trailer type csm

Select “yes”

Select “enable”

Is There no sales Tax where you bought this??

Cableline01

Reaction score
I don’t think I did pay taxes. I guess it depends on how they feel that week being on top of shipping the order. I really posted not so much to show where to get the parts. More a all in one post that has all the part numbers and the changes that have to be made on alphaobd. Also it is a good base line for where ever you get your parts for a good deal or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

F143744

Reaction score
Mopar part number has changed to 82215278AE, at least on my 2020 Limited. Dealership can not order until December 10th, something about supplier change. I needed one installed before Friday, found it on-line, 2-day air. Total $170, was supposed to be on my new purchase. Dealer is going to reimburse my expenses.

Users who are viewing this thread