5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Those of Us Who Ordered the Bed Utility Group in our 2020

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
When my son and I did our delivery inspection for my 2020 Limited 1500 the other day, he noticed that the Bed Step was missing. As we know it is supposed to be included in the BUG for 2020. Dealer now has it on order. So if you are taking delivery of your 2020 with the BUG option, be certain to have the Bed Step on your Inspection list.
Also found a key in the console that fits the Bed Divider so we do not have to remove the emergency key from the fob each time we want to move the divider. Anyone get 2 keys or is there just one?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
p7XQdfPxRHWJ3nW79mU9Nw.jpg

Last edited:

RAMRhode

Reaction score
2 keys came with mine. 2020 cutbacks, I suppose

Jims380da

Reaction score
When my son and I did our delivery inspection for my 2020 Limited 1500 the other day, he noticed that the Bed Step was missing. As we know it is supposed to be included in the BUG for 2020. Dealer now has it on order. So if you are taking delivery of your 2020 with the BUG option, be certain to have the Bed Step on your Inspection list.
Also found a key in the console that fits the Bed Divider so we do not have to remove the emergency key from the fob each time we want to move the divider. Anyone get 2 keys or is there just one?
View attachment 36270

So the step is supposed to be a part of package and they don’t install it? Do you have the Multifunction tailgate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
So the step is supposed to be a part of package and they don’t install it? Do you have the Multifunction tailgate?

Jims, thanks for the reply. Yes I have the MFT and love it. According to FCA, the bed step is part of the BUG, but it was not installed. Guess the QC/QA person was busy with coffee. Waiting for the Dealer to get it in so I can have it installed. Cheers.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
2 keys came with mine. 2020 cutbacks, I suppose

RAMRhode -- Mine may have had 2 keys from the factory but 1 could have been "lost" at the Dealer when the truck was being prepped for delivery. They did not install the bed divider, but did remove the plastic wrapping so it could have easily been lost or misplaced. Thanks for the reply. Cheers.
Hope to get some replies from 2020 owners also.

Saskydude

Reaction score
I actually built a 2019 Rebel but 2 weeks later the dealership called to tell me the factory was building it as a 2020. I had ordered the step and the BUG. At the time, they were not grouped together. Also, the BUG did not include the bed divider here in Canada, just led bed lights and the tie down hooks. When it showed up, to my surprise, the bed divider was included with 2 keys and they had installed the bed step.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 36270

2 keys for mine .. and I wasn't supposed to get the bed step on my 2019 but I did - the dealer added it for me .. very nice of them :)

Jims380da

Reaction score
Jims, thanks for the reply. Yes I have the MFT and love it. According to FCA, the bed step is part of the BUG, but it was not installed. Guess the QC/QA person was busy with coffee. Waiting for the Dealer to get it in so I can have it installed. Cheers.

Do you know approximately where the step is installed with the MFT? My buddy has it with standard tailgate and it’s in driver side corner. Wouldn’t work there with the MFT.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The one we had the other day didn't have the step installed -- or if it did, I didn't notice it because I was looking at the tailgate too long LOL

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
2 keys for mine .. and I wasn't supposed to get the bed step on my 2019 but I did - the dealer added it for me .. very nice of them :)
Thanks much Diamondback. I will share the photos with the Dealer when I go in for the install. Otherwise there is a very good chance they would install it at the left rear corner as is done with the conventional tailgate. Cheers.

Jims380da

Reaction score
My truck just hit the dealer lot and it does not have the bed step installed nor do I see it as a loose accessory in the truck to be installed. Anyone know what's the deal with the step that's supposed to included in the bed utility package?

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
My truck just hit the dealer lot and it does not have the bed step installed nor do I see it as a loose accessory in the truck to be installed. Anyone know what's the deal with the step that's supposed to included in the bed utility package?
As you can see by my previous post in this thread, my truck was delivered without the bed step also. My Dealer says they ordered one to be installed. If you have the MFT, be certain to look at a previous post in this thread by Diamondback where he lists a number of links to sites where you can see where the bed step with the MFT is installed. It is located differently from the step with the conventional tailgate and has an apparent different look to it. RAM QC/QA must have been in a Union Meeting when both of our trucks came by their station. Cheers

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
Guys,

In another thread I spoke about my visit to the SHAP on Monday. Plant tour and watched my truck go thru the plant.

I brought up the question about the bed step and the plant manager told me the step does not come if you get the MFT.

He also gave me the 18 build sheets (to take with me) that go with the vehicle at each station and tell the assemblers what part#s to install on the truck.

Here is one on the truck.

IMG_4498.JPG

On the 'Chassis' build sheet the section for Bed Step says "NO". So it is not a quality control issue or UAW issue as others have implied.

They did exactly what were told to do by the build sheets. Give the workers some credit, they do a great job as far *** I'm concerned. The UAW workers were very cordial as I was following my truck and watched it get built.

Attached is the build sheet I am referring to. You can see for yourself. So the question is why don't we get the step?

IMG_9910.jpg

Jims380da

Reaction score
And what’s the answer?? Lol

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Guys,

In another thread I spoke about my visit to the SHAP on Monday. Plant tour and watched my truck go thru the plant.

I brought up the question about the bed step and the plant manager told me the step does not come if you get the MFT.

He also gave me the 18 build sheets (to take with me) that go with the vehicle at each station and tell the assemblers what part#s to install on the truck.

Here is one on the truck.

View attachment 36494

On the 'Chassis' build sheet the section for Bed Step says "NO". So it is not a quality control issue or UAW issue as others have implied.

They did exactly what were told to do by the build sheets. Give the workers some credit, they do a great job as far *** I'm concerned. The UAW workers were very cordial as I was following my truck and watched it get built.

Attached is the build sheet I am referring to. You can see for yourself. So the question is why don't we get the step?

View attachment 36495
FCA is demonstrating another example of the "Golden Rule" -- "Those who have the gold, make the rules". In the build sheet my dealer used for my order, the bed step was NOT excluded with the MFT. In the links posted by Diamondback, FCA touts the step with the MFT including in an online promo one executive from RAM is using it at a Show demonstrating how he is able to enter and exit the bed with the MFT doors open and he even held his hand over his eyes while entering and exiting to demonstrate how easy it was. I thereby retract my my insinuations about the QC/QA and the Union Meeting and redirect it to those who deserve the criticism -- FCA and RAM!!!! Nice of them to not tell us buyers as well as their Dealers, at least mine was not aware. They also removed the CD Players from the 12 inch screens in 2020, which is less of an issue with today's electronics, but they did not forewarn us of that either. End of rant! Cheers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread