5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For The Ram owners in the North.. Canada :)

HotRod104

Reaction score
Hey folks,
I have a question for our Canadian members, I am soon to be relocating to the Greater Toronto Area from the states and am trying to get the technological lay of the land up there. I would like to know how our Ram Fam is using the UConnect WiFi Hotspot up there..? I cannot get a straight answer from anywhere (AT&T, etc..)

Also any on the ground perspective for Cell/Data/ Internet would be awesome too?

Rexx

Reaction score
Keep your current cell/data plan cause I guarantee it’s a lot cheaper than the rates in Canada.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Keep your current cell/data plan cause I guarantee it’s a lot cheaper than the rates in Canada.
What Rexx said. Keep your current plan and add Canada to it if you don't have that already. To your Hotspot question I can't comment because I live in a remote part of the country but in the GTA I imagine you'll be fine.

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
The plans up here are still through AT&T. I blew through the 1GB trial plan and haven't bothered renewing it. We all have data plans on our phones so I can just hotspot through one of those if needed. Don't really need my truck to have it's own data plan. :p

Here are the options I see when I log into my AT&T account.
PREPAID MONTHLY AUTO-RENEW PLANS (renews every 30 days)
1GB Connected Car Data Plan for 30 Days = $15/mo.
4GB Connected Car Data Plan for 30 Days = $35/mo.
10GB Connected Car Data Plan for 30 Days = $70/mo.

PREPAID ONE-TIME PURCHASE DATA PLAN (does not auto-renew)
250MB Connected Car Data Plan for 1 Day = $5/day
1GB Connected Car Data Plan for 7 Days = $25/7 days
3GB Connected Car Data Plan for 7 Days = $45/7 days
20GB Connected Car Data Plan for 12 Months = $200/year

I am curious to see how these compare to AT&T's options in the US.

If you use the SiriusXM Guardian services, beware that your US based Mopar.com account may cause problems for you. At least it did for me.

HotRod104

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone that replied. I am hoping for this transition to be a painless as I can prepare for, so every bit of knowledge you all share is very helpful.
We currently have Verizon Unlimited plans here, but after doing some homework I am thinking about switching over to AT&T moving up north for their network service and maybe grab a Bell or Rogers hotspot and use that for traveling data to augment some of the loss of the AT&T data limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread