5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For every inch increase in tire height....

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
....there is only a .5 inch increase in truck height/.5" increase in ground clearance. I've seen more than one member state that it is a 1 to 1 relation which is incorrect. This may help someone for whom height/ground clearance is critical.

And another thing lol :
Please use the search function before making a new post on a old topic. 5th Generation trucks are well over a year old (1.5?) so 99% of the time the question has already been asked and answered 1000x. Members and moderators spend time and effort to create common thread sections that contain a wealth of information, pictures etc. Also each new thread dilutes the search function. You have to sift through 10 more threads that may only have 10 responses and there are often pages of great information already here. You can always ask a new question in an existing thread whose topic is the same. I think this would encourage participation in the site and we should always try and promote what is already here.

Please convert non oem metric tire sizes to inches (so we don't have to :) ) - think of it as the patriotic thing to do - This is the land of inches .

If you modify the offset of your wheels and post the results please let us know the spec offset and we definitely want to see pictures from directly from the front and rear that show how far the wheels stick out or tuck in. These are the questions and photos most asked for

I like this forum. Just sharing my thoughts based on experience with other forums over the years, experience with continuous improvement and
drinking a Dogfish head IPA..

I like my 5th Gen so far (LOVED my 4th Gen Longhorn Ecodiesel, owned 3rd Gen Atlantic Blue 2002 Sport (this gen introduced the 20* wheel to Ram), and 2nd Gen 1998 Emerald Green Sport.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just so you know, this topic has already been covered before. Please use the search tool.

Also, as you mention, 99% of topics have already been covered here, so let’s just lock up the forum and turn this into a Ram wiki. There’s no need for new users or questions. All you need is already here. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for thinking your question is so original it deserves its own thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/